Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Does America deliberately try to protect its system of inequality?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Black Radicals Thread  (Read 8958 times)

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Black Radicals Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »
Any minority who claims to be a Republican should be shot.  Ten rounds.

Although I'm inclined to agree, I've come to realize that the majority of minority conservatives have become so over very specific issues, such as abortion, religious issues, etc...

Bearing that in mind, I no longer hold it against them (despite the glaring historical contradictions)...hell, who knows, maybe the GOP needs some fresh black blood to make it slightly less unappealing.

Then again, there's that ambulatory piece of human excrement Alan Keyes...

(Oh and by the way...)

Radicalism is quite dead...very f-ing dead. Deader than Jon-Benet Ramsey and the concurrent media interests in her woefully unimportant death.

2/3rd's of the world opposed Operation Iraqi Freedom, numbers of protestors UNPARALLELED in the history of mankind took to the streets.

The social conscience didn't even budge, we're still there, Bush was reelected, the Republicans gained control of the Congress, and we can expect a sharp swing towards the right once Rehnquist goes away and a couple of apologist sycophants are appointed to the SCOTUS. So, I reiterate: Radicalism is DEAD.
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

NYBound05

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »
Blacks who blindly vote for the Republican parties lack a self-identity.  They're lost souls.  I'll be the first to admit that the Democratic party is far from flawless, but voting for the Republican party does so much damage to Black communities that it's ridiculous.  I was appalled that Bush got so much of the Black vote.  What was it, like 10 or 11%?  They should be ashamed of themselves.  The epitome of a sell-out, foreal.

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »
Blacks who blindly vote for the Republican parties lack a self-identity.  They're lost souls.  I'll be the first to admit that the Democratic party is far from flawless, but voting for the Republican party does so much damage to Black communities that it's ridiculous.  I was appalled that Bush got so much of the Black vote.  What was it, like 10 or 11%?  They should be ashamed of themselves.  The epitome of a sell-out, foreal.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, *if* I had any naive expectations for the voting population to actually consider relevant political issues when they head to the polls, as opposed to knee-jerk reactions to obscure, emotionally charged, and incredibly irrelevant social issues.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happened during the last election: I don't imagine too many black voters went to the polls thinking "No-bid contracts for multinational corporations that are currently under investigation by several law enforcement bodies...tax cuts for the rich during wartime, SURE!". But, the conservative media machine did a very thorough job of convincing voters that abortion and gay marriages were somehow relevant issues.

I cant blame them really...and as much as it pains me to admit it, the black conservative community has done much for the black community as a whole. Where would we be without our loyal churchgoers, our devout Protestants? It's just a shame that during one of the last opportunities the black community will have to vote as *the* largest minority block before 2015-2020 (sometime around then), that many voted with their emotions and not their minds.

That is all...

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 08:02:26 PM »
Blacks who blindly vote for the Republican parties lack a self-identity.  They're lost souls.  I'll be the first to admit that the Democratic party is far from flawless, but voting for the Republican party does so much damage to Black communities that it's ridiculous.  I was appalled that Bush got so much of the Black vote.  What was it, like 10 or 11%?  They should be ashamed of themselves.  The epitome of a sell-out, foreal.

I should delete this *&^%. Anyway, you are wrong. It's black democrats who BLINDLY vote for their party. That's why you do it in such mass f-ing number. Black Sheep. Thatís what you are. You guys don't understand the importance of a two party system. There is no give and take with black democrats. It's one way or nothing. Black people vote democrat because everybody else is doing it. If you are born black you are born Democrat. Period. If someone, like myself, decides to become a Republican you better believe that he/she has actually thought about it and made some careful decisions. Not like black democrats who just do that *&^% for the hell of it.

Also, another problem that you black democrats have is that you are serious about this sell out *&^% and name-calling. It's not going to get you anywhere. Itís a sign of political immaturity. spike lee called condi rice a house n-word? WTF? How about sec. of state!   

SWB..you are cali are cool. But yall need to graduate from college. Get a f-ing BA and come talk to me. 

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 08:05:06 PM »

I wouldn't call it a lack of self-identity "per se" but I do think what you and dividebyzero guy are clearly showing is how easily manipulated  people can be. I understand Black conservatism (even though I still disagree) however, black conservatives who then vote Republican b/c of said conservatism are lambs. And republicans are laughing all the way to the bank at the "stupid darkies" as they cash their membership dues checks.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 08:08:18 PM »

Also, another problem that you black democrats have is that you are serious about this sell out *&^% and name-calling. It's not going to get you anywhere. Itís a sign of political immaturity. spike lee called condi rice a house n-word? WTF? How about sec. of state!   

Ummmm, you call people sell-outs and *&^% all the time  :D What's the difference? Ain't that the pot calling the kettel "black"  ;D And lemme ask you this, you've said you're down with Malcolm X. Do you think he'd be a Republican if he lived today?

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 08:14:45 PM »

I should delete this *&^%.
You would even *suggest* abusing your authority to delete a post that contradicts your own political ideology? That's something I was afraid of once I heard that you were named moderator, but nonetheless, restricting debate is the HALLMARK of neoconservativism, and as such, is to clearly have been expected...
 (;)..okay, that was uncalled for on my part...Remember, on this part of the tirade, I am merely "f-ing with you." Stay tuned...)

Anyway, you are wrong. It's black democrats who BLINDLY vote for their party. That's why you do it in such mass f-ing number. Black Sheep. Thatís what you are. ...

Blah, blah, blah...so basically you've done two things:

1) Responded to the insult of being called "a sell-out", by lobbing your own insults back, managing to neither actually contribute anything to the debate AND make yourself seem a hypocrite.

2) Mistakenly assumed that black democrats/liberals somehow lack the same capacity for the intellectualization of their ideologies, as opposed to their conservative brethren. This is basically repeating yourself when you insist that black liberals are just "stupid sheep".

I'll admit...it must've taken enormous effort, willpower, and intellectual manuevering to rationally commit oneself to the nontraditional stand of being a black conservative, you are clearly in the minority and are to be commended for you fortitude. But, because you happen to have decided "conservative" doesn't somehow make you "better" than those of us who didn't, simply because you happen to be an exception to the pattern.

The level of discourse on politics is clearly poor when we resort to attacking a person's personal motivations and rational for adopting a particular belief, instead of THE BELIEFS THEMSELVES.

That is all...

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 08:15:23 PM »

Also, another problem that you black democrats have is that you are serious about this sell out sh*t and name-calling. It's not going to get you anywhere. Itís a sign of political immaturity. spike lee called condi rice a house n-word? WTF? How about sec. of state!   

Ummmm, you call people sell-outs and sh*t all the time  :D What's the difference? Ain't that the pot calling the kettel "black"  ;D And lemme ask you this, you've said you're down with Malcolm X. Do you think he'd be a Republican if he lived today?

Lady- When did I call blacks sellouts? When? Now, I call people all kids of *&^% but I don't recall using that word. Now, I also said that black dems are "SERIOUS" about the name calling.

Malcolm X would def. be a republican if he lived today. He was very conservative. 

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 08:18:02 PM »
Malcolm X would def. be a republican if he lived today. He was very conservative. 

I was going to wait for you response to my previous message, but this was just too much...

Lemme get this straight...Malcolm X would somehow have set his militant Islamic religious beliefs aside, stood beside G.W. and said, "@#!* it, let's invade Iraq and kill more of my muslim brothers and sisters...lets put even MORE bases on Muslim holy lands...

Would he have concluded a rousing pro-war speech with, "We didn't land on Iraq, Iraq landed on us."

You cannot possibly be serious.

That is all...

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 08:21:31 PM »

I should delete this sh*t.
You would even *suggest* abusing your authority to delete a post that contradicts your own political ideology? That's something I was afraid of once I heard that you were named moderator, but nonetheless, restricting debate is the HALLMARK of neoconservativism, and as such, is to clearly have been expected...
 (;)..okay, that was uncalled for on my part...Remember, on this part of the tirade, I am merely "f-ing with you." Stay tuned...)

Anyway, you are wrong. It's black democrats who BLINDLY vote for their party. That's why you do it in such mass f-ing number. Black Sheep. Thatís what you are. ...

Blah, blah, blah...so basically you've done two things:

1) Responded to the insult of being called "a sell-out", by lobbing your own insults back, managing to neither actually contribute anything to the debate AND make yourself seem a hypocrite.

2) Mistakenly assumed that black democrats/liberals somehow lack the same capacity for the intellectualization of their ideologies, as opposed to their conservative brethren. This is basically repeating yourself when you insist that black liberals are just "stupid sheep".

I'll admit...it must've taken enormous effort, willpower, and intellectual manuevering to rationally commit oneself to the nontraditional stand of being a black conservative, you are clearly in the minority and are to be commended for you fortitude. But, because you happen to have decided "conservative" doesn't somehow make you "better" than those of us who didn't, simply because you happen to be an exception to the pattern.

The level of discourse on politics is clearly poor when we resort to attacking a person's personal motivations and rational for adopting a particular belief, instead of THE BELIEFS THEMSELVES.

**The level of discourse on politics is clearly poor when we resort to attacking a person's personal motivations and rational for adopting a particular belief, instead of THE BELIEFS THEMSELVES.**

HERE HERE