Did you like Andre 3000 "The Love Below"

Yes
 30 (69.8%)
No
 7 (16.3%)
Undecided
 6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: The Official Hiphop Thread  (Read 34764 times)

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Hiphop Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 08:22:15 PM »
Funny you mention kids, I bought like $2500 in DJ equipment (hobby) but lately haven't had time to mess with it, so you guessed it my kids have taken to it like flies to sh#t and have gotten really good in like 3mo. I'm afraid I created monsters.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 08:41:23 PM »
i disagree.
he was totally in love with himself on this album-- it's like he made it for himself and not for a listening audience. i mean, perhaps he did his thing, but i wasn't feeling it at all, and was really annoyed because black on both sides was a masterpiece and the new danger was a total letdown IMO.

i agree.  i have to give him credit for trying to be innovative in a genre infested with redundancy, but he definitely did not produce another masterpiece like "Black on Both Sides".

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 06:12:56 PM »
8 Mile @ 9 PM on VH1

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 06:22:34 PM »
What do you guys think of Common's Electric Circus?

Any word on a new joint coming out?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 06:35:59 PM »

Electric Circus was straight, I liked tracks like "Soul Power" "New Wave" "The Hustle" "Aquarius" . . . what stood out to me was the production. Real nice grooves. I even liked "Come Close" even though my friends hated it. His next album will be titled "BE" and will have mostly production from Kanye West and Jay Dee. Black Reign are you a fan of Jay Dee?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 06:43:07 PM »

Electric Circus was straight, I liked tracks like "Soul Power" "New Wave" "The Hustle" "Aquarius" . . . what stood out to me was the production. Real nice grooves. I even liked "Come Close" even though my friends hated it. His next album will be titled "BE" and will have mostly production from Kanye West and Jay Dee. Black Reign are you a fan of Jay Dee?

I do, Slum Village hasn't been the same
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 11:49:39 PM »
Wow . . 8 Mile sucked . . . not suprised though. How can you have dope hiphop music playing in the background like that but still cant keep my attention . . .

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 11:59:02 PM »
Wow . . 8 Mile sucked . . . not suprised though. How can you have dope hiphop music playing in the background like that but still cant keep my attention . . .

I have never seen it. If you have Mekhi Phifer with some fake locks that can pretty much tell you where the writer is coming from. His wanna be street persona is quite aggrevating.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 12:19:30 AM »
They way everyone was on Em's nuts was disgusting . . . they kept pulling out the red carpet . . . but he wasnt even an established rapper. Everyone was just uncle tom-ing it.

Ahh oh well. At least I didnt pay no 4 bucks at Blockbuster to see it.

BlackMass

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 12:38:28 AM »
Funkmaster Flex!  remember him?  aw yeah!
Don't play the white man's game.