Did you like Andre 3000 "The Love Below"

Yes
 30 (69.8%)
No
 7 (16.3%)
Undecided
 6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: The Official Hiphop Thread  (Read 34196 times)

HBCU.EDU

Re: The Official Hiphop Thread
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2005, 10:50:14 PM »
Did yall catch that all eyes on 50 cent *&^% on mtv? 

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2005, 11:05:12 PM »
Did yall catch that all eyes on 50 cent sh*t on mtv? 

no. did you?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

faith2005

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2005, 12:07:55 PM »
i went to the public enemy thing in nyc this weekend, and had a good time. i thought the 2nd day was really good, with lots of info on the production of the album and chuck d and the folks had alot to say about hip-hop etc.

on the question of hip-hop. i agree with krs-1's def. hip-hop is the overall culture of my generation, and includes rap/mc-ing, dj-ing, b-boying, graf artists and i think it includes fashion too, altho some don't agree. and even though some of the other art forms are not as popular they are still there, showing up in album covers, shows etc. nelly and others are hip-pop, which is still apart of the culture, but in its own sub-group.

west coast rap just has a real different sound. the west coast were the ones to really popularize using funk samples and that laid back sound. i think its still like that to a certain extent. is anyone from the south/midwest and love that sound? i like it, but alot of times i feel guilty, cause its all about sellin and gang bangin, sorta like west coast stuff in the 90's.

rohan

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2005, 01:31:08 PM »
Just in case any of you give a sh*t:

50 Cent Dismisses Game, One Man Shot Outside Hot 97
Author: SoundSlam
Mar. 1, 2005 - New York, NY

50 Cent dismissed fellow g-unit member Game from G-UNIT during his Hot 97 interview on Monday night (Feb. 28). 50 stated that Game became a different person after returning from an overseas tour and that he is “trying to be the next 50 Cent”. He also stated that the compton rapper has no songwriting skill and he actually wrote 6 songs on Game’s debut album The Documentary.

billyflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2005, 03:31:37 PM »
Anyone heard 50 Cent's new album "The Massacre"? Surprisingly, I like a couple of tracks on that. Tracks like: I'm Supposed To Die Tonight, In My Hood, Ski Mask Way, Hate it or Love It Remix.

Hate it or Love it Remix...The original is my fav on Game's album
I knew this would happen:
Kent or Loyola LA...well I have til' June 11th, as I'll be heading off to the Netherlands for work.

billyflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2005, 03:36:24 PM »
Just in case any of you give a sh*t:

50 Cent Dismisses Game, One Man Shot Outside Hot 97
Author: SoundSlam
Mar. 1, 2005 - New York, NY

50 Cent dismissed fellow g-unit member Game from G-UNIT during his Hot 97 interview on Monday night (Feb. 28). 50 stated that Game became a different person after returning from an overseas tour and that he is “trying to be the next 50 Cent”. He also stated that the compton rapper has no songwriting skill and he actually wrote 6 songs on Game’s debut album The Documentary.

A French friend of mine went to his concert in Paris, she said all he was doing was talking about ja-rule and murder inc.  He's been
sh*tting on everybody while overseas.
Kent or Loyola LA...well I have til' June 11th, as I'll be heading off to the Netherlands for work.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2005, 03:37:44 PM »
Yeah the original is nice but too bad Game was kicked out of G-Unit . . . 50 Cent is a megalomaniac, he's lashing out at everyone. I think he's just mad because Game's album is better than his.

Anyway, everyone whats your favorite hiphop album of all time?

billyflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2005, 03:45:52 PM »
Thats difficult because each of my favorites take me back to a certain time in my life.  I do know this...
I've purchase Reasonable Doubt like 5 times because they kept getting lost or stolen. 

rohan

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2005, 03:55:12 PM »
Yeah the original is nice but too bad Game was kicked out of G-Unit . . . 50 Cent is a megalomaniac, he's lashing out at everyone. I think he's just mad because Game's album is better than his.

two way tie: Ready to Die and Illmatic

Sorry, I can't break that up.

billyflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2005, 03:59:46 PM »

two way tie: Ready to Die and Illmatic

Sorry, I can't break that up.

I might have to go 504 boyz or Yin-Yang Twins