Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOW LSAT Score  (Read 34357 times)

Andrea

LOW LSAT Score
« on: November 21, 2002, 10:07:29 AM »
:-[ My question is probably a common one; however, I would like a reply anyway. My LSAT score was 135, with a 3.2 GPA, excellent letters of recommendation and extensive professional work experience since undergraduate, SHOULD I even waste the time applying or should I take 'that' test again and then apply.  

sbrice

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LOW LSAT Score
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 11:39:11 AM »
;D  I just registered with this service and noticed your question.  I can't answer your question, but your situation is so similiar to mine.  I took the LSAT on October 5th of this year, and made a very disappointing 139! ugh!  I have a 4.0 gpa also with outstanding letters of recommendations.  I applied to Baylor and after two weeks received a "denial" on acceptance.  Its a little disappointing.  I have applied for 5 other law schools and I am just waiting now to hear from the schools.  As stressful as the process is, its just a wait and see situation.  Good luck!

lars

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 09:17:23 AM »
Andrea,
If you haven't already, I'd go to lsac.org & ck your chances of admission w/your #'s.  If you have a shot, go ahead & apply. If you think you can't get into a certain group of schools w/you no's, I'd take the test again and not bother w/applying until next year.

CoconutX

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 11:54:25 AM »
I would definitely take the LSAT again.  Getting into law school is so competitive these days, a 135 is not going to cut it no matter how many other things you have going for you.  Even the fourth tier schools can afford to be choosy because there is such a huge number of applicants.  Dedicate your time to preparing for the test and retake it--you're almost certain to do better and that will only help you.  Good luck to you.

Liz

Shirley Brice

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 12:04:51 PM »
;D  After applying to six schools, my first three letters were "non-acceptance" letters, but.....my fourth was an acceptance!  I received my acceptance letter yesterday!  While working a full time job, raising three sons, and taking night classes to finish up my Bachelors, I had no time to study for the LSAT.  Yes, my LSAT score was a low disappointing 139, but there are law schools out there that will evaluate your entire application packet.  Don't give up!  

chet

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 10:01:33 PM »
good to hear that..

I have a weak (3.1 by my calc 2.9 by LSAC's) GPA and fear a poor LSAT score. I get to use telescore and get my results this Sat. (1/6).

I am 37 and returning as a 2nd career, so I hope the do look at the full package.

dissapointed person

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 09:09:13 AM »
i know exactly how you feel.  i graduated with a 2.89 gpa and i 135 on my LSAT.  I applied to 5 schools and i recieved a denial letter from all of them.  I am really upset because the reason that i scored so low on the LSAT had to do with the people who were administering the test at the test center. They didn't know what they were doing. They did a poor job of managing the time which resulted in me having less time than i expected on each section.  I remember me along with everyone else at the test  center was so upset.  when the test was over i wasn't very confindent about my score.  I should have canceled it, but i was hoping that i did o.k.  Now that i look i wish i would have canceled my score.  Since i can't turn back the clock, i am preparing to take the Octobor LSAT.  ??? ???

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 02:39:23 PM »
I can understand this situation.  There are these possible ways to group the schools based on your numbers:

The safety schools (your numbers are definitely above the median of the schools to your numbers and most likely would be accepted bases soely on your numbers)

The probably's (your numbers fall in the median or above)

The probably not's (your numbers fall just below or at median
to your numbers)

The "reaches"/"streches" (your numbers are definitely below the median and most likely not going to be accepted based soely on your numbers)

The reason you should group this way is so that you can put together an excellent application w/ good letters of reccomendation and stellar essays these can put you over the top at your probably not's.  So that your waiting for each denial/acceptance is not in vain either.

Hope this helps.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

onlylove916

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 01:25:25 PM »
I am also a bit concerned about my LSAT score, 146 --  GPA 3.1/2.9 LSDAS.  I graduated with a degree in Radio & Television/Broadcast Journalism in 95 and worked as a television news reporter for 6 years and now I am currently employed with a non-profit agency.  Like others here on this board, I had a solid personal statement and outstanding letters of recommendation.  Also, several community service projects and diversity.  My desire is to pursue public interest/public policy law.  I applied to the following schools: Toledo University, Michigan State, University of Detroit Mercy, Wayne State, Thomas Cooley, Golden Gate, McGeorge, and University of San Francisco.  I applied to California schools because that is where I live currently, but my boyfriend is in Michigan and it would sure be nicer if we could stop doing this long distance nightmare! lol  Any thoughts about my chances of acceptance??

onlylove916

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 02:17:27 PM »
Any advice/input??