Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's Up with Villanova? - Mail problems??  (Read 486 times)

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
What's Up with Villanova? - Mail problems??
« on: February 14, 2005, 06:27:56 PM »
My mother told me I recieved a card in the mail today at my home address asking me to RSVP to an admitted students event on March 5th however I'm still waiting for a decision on my application. Did they send these cards out to everyone or did my acceptance letter get lost in the mail? Anyone else have a similar experience?

According to rizz98's LSN profile Villanova has had some mailing trouble, apparently they sent his letter to a combination of his current and permanent address, I wonder if there was a glitch in the mail merge and this mistake affected more than one?
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up with Villanova?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »
I got my Villanova acceptance letter last Thursday. And I got the same invitation in today's mail. You should give a call to their admissions office. If you did get in I'm sure they would tell you over the phone. That's how I found out.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

twarga

Re: What's Up with Villanova?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 06:34:28 PM »
I was complete in Dec and haven't heard a word from them since.  I'll be on the lookout for a little postcard!

:o

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up with Villanova? - Mail problems??
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 07:24:42 PM »
It's not a little postcard. Its a business envelope (yelp! small envelope!) With a pamflet inside. I think the event in March 5th.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 08:05:19 PM »
I was accepted the other day and also got this invite to the open house.  Also, both letters were sent to my permanent address.  Jgunnz--sounds like good news for you!

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 08:28:29 PM »
Why an admitted students day so early?  Does that mean for those of us who aren't accepted by Mar. 5th we don't get to meet the rest of you?  Guess I should be directing this to the Admissions Office.

lanen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 11:01:09 AM »
I got my acceptance from Villanova yesterday and they actually mailed to to a combination of my home address and my current address.  Luckily it found its way there.  Does anyone know whether or now they are offering scholorship money in the intial acceptance package they send you?  If not does anyone know their policy?
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU