Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Acceptance Notifications Table - *back online*  (Read 71529 times)

caldx

• 169/3.88, Berkeley
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Acceptance Notifications Table
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 02:16:06 AM »
just noticed a couple schools missing:

stanford - some by phone, some by e-mail (saying that they tried to call, when really they usually didn't)

chicago - phone call, followed by e-mail

for boalt, i would add phone call as a possibility (they e-mail if they don't get a hold of you)

UCLA - e-mail, but javert got in without one

that's it of the ones i applied to, and i wouldn't trust myself to remember the rest properly.

I know this is going to sound weird, but the email may have been deleted automatically by your server if they have spam blocking software. Something about the UCLA email activated my school's spam blocker and was automatically filtered out (I found it later after hearing about everyone else's email).
Awesome: UCLA (20K/3 years), Boalt, GULC, NYU, USC
Could be cooler: Harvard, Chicago (held),
Shmucks: Stanford, Notre Dame
They're just lukewarm on me: Michigan, UVa, Northwestern, Columbia
caldx on LSN

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 02:22:08 AM »
I'll add that in my case, Virginia didn't call. The first notification that I recieved was the admission letter that came in the mail.

No phone call from UVa, no "Go Bruins!" smiley email from UCLA, I am feeling no love. :( On top of the lack of love being single on V-Day. :'(

my emoticon loves you:  :-*

there, all better.  :)

:-* Pookie's emoticon. Thanks, that does make me feel a bit better. Or maybe it is the tequila left over from the super bowl that I found in my kitchen? ;)
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 02:23:40 AM »
just noticed a couple schools missing:

UCLA - e-mail, but javert got in without one

I know this is going to sound weird, but the email may have been deleted automatically by your server if they have spam blocking software. Something about the UCLA email activated my school's spam blocker and was automatically filtered out (I found it later after hearing about everyone else's email).

That may be true. My UCLA acceptance email was filtered into my (hotmail) junk email folder.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 07:26:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure UNC is mail only.  If you call and ask (like I did), they give you the canned response that the dean is reading each app, and the decisions will be mailed out by 3/1.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 08:55:42 AM »
Cald

In my case, not possible. I own my own dedicated server, and *nobody* touches my exim except me. I have no spam filters installed, whatsoever (my spam is at a low enough level that I don't have to worry about it, yet).  Further, all my law school mail is shunted to a special account, so there's no way it got lost in the mist. It would take a truly freakish set of circumstances for me not to get an email sent to that addy. The fact that other people didn't get it makes me think those circumstances didn't happen.

I suppose it's possible, however, the glitch was on the other end. Perhaps UCLA's mail server was having trouble, and some hapless tech deleted the mail queue on accident. I suppose we'll see whether or not the next wave gets their email.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

sotsoj

• 2.34 GPA /166 LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »
Miami: No, mail
Catholic: Yes (ID'd as junkmail by Mac's Mail program, but passed my company's spam filtering software)
Going to George Mason
sotsoj on LSN

lanen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 11:03:40 AM »
Villanova..... Mail
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU

DannyJunior

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »
Ohio State:

Phone call, then letter. Letter was in the mail when I got the call.

caldx

• 169/3.88, Berkeley
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 05:07:18 PM »
Cald

In my case, not possible. I own my own dedicated server, and *nobody* touches my exim except me. I have no spam filters installed, whatsoever (my spam is at a low enough level that I don't have to worry about it, yet).  Further, all my law school mail is shunted to a special account, so there's no way it got lost in the mist. It would take a truly freakish set of circumstances for me not to get an email sent to that addy. The fact that other people didn't get it makes me think those circumstances didn't happen.

I suppose it's possible, however, the glitch was on the other end. Perhaps UCLA's mail server was having trouble, and some hapless tech deleted the mail queue on accident. I suppose we'll see whether or not the next wave gets their email.

Nevermind then.
Awesome: UCLA (20K/3 years), Boalt, GULC, NYU, USC
Could be cooler: Harvard, Chicago (held),
Shmucks: Stanford, Notre Dame
They're just lukewarm on me: Michigan, UVa, Northwestern, Columbia
caldx on LSN

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 05:14:10 PM »
Ohio State:

Phone call, then letter. Letter was in the mail when I got the call.

No phone call for me.  Just an update on their online app status Web page saying a decision had been made and a letter was on the way.  The letter arrived about a week later.  In the interim, I was able to determine I had probably been accepted by entering my name and SS# to successfully create an OSU e-mail account on their Web site.