Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Acceptance Notifications Table - *back online*  (Read 70109 times)

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Acceptance Notifications Table
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 07:40:28 PM »
BU - No, mail (followed by fin-aid phone-call)

LordofLight

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
Seattle University--letter only

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 08:47:51 PM »
What Pookie said re: UCLA.

Also, if this is supposed to include all ABA law schools, then I suggest you add these:

-- Santa Clara: No. Snail mail.
-- Notre Dame: Yes.
-- Texas: No.

I also suggest amending Duke to, "Yes; Subject Line: CONGRATULATIONS!!". If you're not looking for it, it's very easy to miss; I only saw it because I have a special law school email addy.

Thanks for doing this! :)
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 08:52:36 PM »
ha ha, how would you have missed "CONGRATULATIONS!!"?  because it looks like spam e-mail subject?

i set up two new e-mail addresses before sending out apps; one for people i know and for schools, the other for newsletters and other stuff you sign up for.  every time i check the spam folder of that second address, i am glad i don't use the same address for both, because there's still like, "your application has been approved!" which at first glance sounds like an acceptance.   :D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 08:53:28 PM »
I also suggest amending Duke to, "Yes; Subject Line: CONGRATULATIONS!!". If you're not looking for it, it's very easy to miss; I only saw it because I have a special law school email addy.

I barely noticed Chicago-Kent's either since all it said was "Chicago-Kent" and I was thinking it was more spam! Okay, I've updated to this point. I will do all law schools, as long as people respond :)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 09:02:02 PM »
ha ha, how would you have missed "CONGRATULATIONS!!"? because it looks like spam e-mail subject?

Exactly. Further, the email doesn't even say it's from Duke; the Duke email addy is covered up by "Dennis J. SHIELDS" or somesuch, which looks spammy. I've been using email for over half my life; at this point, I instinctively 'roll over' anything that looks like spam. I literally marked it as 'Read' and deleted it without even being aware that I did it. I only found out about it when I came here, saw that others were emailed, and went hunting. Now that I type it out, it sounds psychotic. Hrm. Anyway, ironically enough, I wrote my Duke "Academic Essay " on spam. They clearly didn't read it.

i set up two new e-mail addresses before sending out apps; one for people i know and for schools,

Mine was originally just for LSAC, but then I gave it to all the law schools. It's become the de facto email for anything important.

Starresky-- Thanks for the update! Looks good.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 09:33:27 PM »
I'll add that in my case, Virginia didn't call. The first notification that I recieved was the admission letter that came in the mail.

No phone call from UVa, no "Go Bruins!" smiley email from UCLA, I am feeling no love. :( On top of the lack of love being single on V-Day. :'(
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 10:49:05 PM »
Baylor - No. Mail.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 10:54:28 PM »
I'll add that in my case, Virginia didn't call. The first notification that I recieved was the admission letter that came in the mail.

No phone call from UVa, no "Go Bruins!" smiley email from UCLA, I am feeling no love. :( On top of the lack of love being single on V-Day. :'(

my emoticon loves you:  :-*

there, all better.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Macul

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 11:33:27 PM »
catholic sent me an email. letter to follow