Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Why is Cooley still ABA?  (Read 3596 times)

aboynoir

• Sr. Citizen
  • English Literature / 3.Something / LSAT in June
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why is Cooley still ABA?
« on: July 25, 2004, 05:21:07 PM »
Also, Michigan's former governor is a Cooley graduate. Cooley has a fine reputation from what I hear here in MI.

Granholm is a Cooley grad? Wow, I had no idea. She pledged her endorsement to Kerry early on and her husband has ties with him. So basically, if Kerry gets the nomination you can be sure he will be offering her a position once its time for the gubernatorial race. If a Cooley grad can win the race for the Governor of one of the largest states in the Country... and possibly get on the President's cabinet, Cooley is alright with me. :)

* aboynoir decides to put Cooley as one of his backup schools to apply to

aboynoir

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 05:32:35 PM »

Paul Wellstone got something like 800 on the SAT, yet he became a phi beta kappa and later 2 term U.S senator.

are you saying he had no business going to college just because his SAT scores were so bad?

I had to take the ACT (equiv of SAT) and I bombed it. Why did I bomb it you ask? Well... I didnt study, I drank a 12 pack and a bottle of aftershock the night before and had only slept for about 2 hours. I figured if I hurried up and filled in the bubbles I could leave sooner and go home. On our little break I was throwing up in the bathroom. I had a bad senior year and was rebelling from my family (yet still pulled a 3.7 final GPA) so I didnt care. I still managed to get into a good school with a nice GPA and good explanation for my poor score.

Anyhow, people can @#!* up tests like this for many reasons.

aboynoir

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 05:33:18 PM »
Like i said, the top dawg at ABA is from michigan, and there's no way he will take away the accredation of any michigan law schools [unless they hire some Nazi as their faculty or something like that].

she ;)

Yonvan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 05:50:12 PM »
FYI- Governor Granholm went to Harvard Law School.

DOWNY

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 04:29:25 PM »
Cooley is the best law school in America. Boasting an impressive 30 percent bar passage rate and an attrition rate of nearly 12 percent, you can see why Cooley is the right choice. And it's located in beautiful downtown Lansing, with the nearest crack house a mere 2 minute drive. Cooley puts the cool in law school.

buddha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Impossible to Tell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 01:02:42 PM »
Sigh
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!