Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1366 times)

A.J

Re: Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 03:40:14 PM »

:D  yes

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 03:44:17 PM »
Here's what happened with facebook:

Hi,
Sorry but currently we don't have a feature that can do what you suggested. If we find that most people need it, we'll implement it in the future.

Victor @ thefacebook

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Newy Newerson wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm currently registered as an Alum of my undergrad school.  When I go
> to Grad School next fall, I'd like to add my grad school as my current
> school and still be listed as an alum of my undergrad.  Is this
> possible or do I just need to create a whole new account?

> Thanks for the great site.

> Newy

So, ya'll should write them and tell them that you want the feature and maybe they will add it.

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 11:34:41 AM »
So I've recently discovered the phenomenon known as facebook . . when I pick a law school do i have to create a new account and build a whole new friend group. . . or is it possible to transfer my friend base?

I know this is an old thread, but I did a search and found it. Anyway, the answer to your question is yes, you can transfer your friends. I emailed suggest@thefacebook.com and told them my old and new school email addresses. You have to redo all your interests and that stuff, but your friends, messages, and wall will be transferred. Took them a few days to get around to it. But it's seamless. Your friends will all of a sudden have you listed as from your new school. As a grad student, you can use the geography feature as well.

BAFF213

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 12:10:01 PM »
sweet

So I've recently discovered the phenomenon known as facebook . . when I pick a law school do i have to create a new account and build a whole new friend group. . . or is it possible to transfer my friend base?

I know this is an old thread, but I did a search and found it. Anyway, the answer to your question is yes, you can transfer your friends. I emailed suggest@thefacebook.com and told them my old and new school email addresses. You have to redo all your interests and that stuff, but your friends, messages, and wall will be transferred. Took them a few days to get around to it. But it's seamless. Your friends will all of a sudden have you listed as from your new school. As a grad student, you can use the geography feature as well.

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 04:16:59 PM »

so did that get rid of your old account or was the result two accounts with the same friend list?

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 04:27:09 PM »

so did that get rid of your old account or was the result two accounts with the same friend list?

No, the old account was still there with all my interests, info, etc. but the friends, wall, and messages were missing.

The options from that point are to leave the old account as is with maybe something in your info saying, "check out my other account at x school". Or just deactivate it. I went with the latter and noticed that old wall edits I had made did not click through to my profile anymore. It just came up as an empty search. So that's kind of a downside. But with the former method, people could do a global search on you and you'd risk having people adding you as friends on your old account or both accounts.

It's just easier to deactivate the old one to avoid confusion I think.