Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1354 times)

stl_cardinals

Facebook
« on: February 13, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »
So I've recently discovered the phenomenon known as facebook . . when I pick a law school do i have to create a new account and build a whole new friend group. . . or is it possible to transfer my friend base?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 04:02:24 PM »
why would we know.  ask the face book people! >:(
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

BAFF213

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 09:41:43 PM »
So I've recently discovered the phenomenon known as facebook . . when I pick a law school do i have to create a new account and build a whole new friend group. . . or is it possible to transfer my friend base?

Great question - let me know if you find the answer to this. 

I think Andrew (the founder/moderator of this board) should add a thing on the left for Facebook profiles (next to AIM, email, etc.).

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »
I really want to get on this facebook thing!!!  Most of the people on the UT admitted students discussion board are on it except me!  Both my undergrad and grad school are on it...but I'm not in school at either places anymore and I don't remember my email addresses or my password.  Is there any other way to get on it?  Sketchy told me that I would just have to wait to get my law school email address...but I think that will be awhile.  Anyone know of any way around this?  I would be very helpful if someone could help me out.
Attending: Texas

BAFF213

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 01:56:10 PM »
email the facebook people.  www.thefacebook.com

I really want to get on this facebook thing!!!  Most of the people on the UT admitted students discussion board are on it except me!  Both my undergrad and grad school are on it...but I'm not in school at either places anymore and I don't remember my email addresses or my password.  Is there any other way to get on it?  Sketchy told me that I would just have to wait to get my law school email address...but I think that will be awhile.  Anyone know of any way around this?  I would be very helpful if someone could help me out.

A.J

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 01:57:12 PM »
Can you sign up to be on your old highschool list too?  Im trying to figure it out.

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »
I emailed them.  I'll let you know what they say.

BAFF213

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 02:19:50 PM »
Just type in your high school where it asks for it, then when you view your profile, click on the link for your high school.  Everyone who attended your high school (and noted it in their Facebook profile) will come up when you click on the link.  Also, my high school started a "group" which I joined (I clicked on my high school's group link in a friend's profile and joined).

Can you sign up to be on your old highschool list too?  Im trying to figure it out.

A.J

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 02:22:19 PM »
Sweet, got it.  Thanks

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 10:00:40 AM »
So I found a way to get on the facebook using my old grad school email account.  I made a profile...Now what do I do?  Are there message boards to get on?  What is the purpose of this thing?
Attending: Texas