Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Any Northwestern soon-to-be 1L's around here?  (Read 1571 times)

jodie51

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any Northwestern soon-to-be 1L's around here?
« on: May 26, 2004, 06:08:10 PM »
Any one going to the LA or other cocktail networking receptions?

asriyal

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 12:52:15 AM »
I'll be there. 

Heh, apparently not many people headed to NU frequent this board... you guys are missing out  :P

skotval

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 10:43:37 PM »
Yeah I think it's just the three of us... oh well!  What are you guys doing this summer? Working?  It's my last week of work.  I am just planning on relaxing and traveling this summer.  I'm hoping to go to Europe for a couple weeks with my boyfriend in mid-June.  Oh yeah, anyone else attached?  So many questions!  I really have to meet you two....  ;D

asriyal

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 02:51:05 PM »
I wish it were my last week of work!  I'm packing all my stuff up and making the long crazy drive to Georgia in July to dump all my extraneous possessions at home, then it's off to Chicago.  I really need to figure out the living thing...!  I was really looking forward to going to Hawaii this summer, but with the jump in airfare and tourism, it looks like it ain't gonna happen =(  Have fun in Europe though!!  Make it to Venice if you can, but only if it's not too hot and humid when you go!

I'm growing rather attached to someone - yay long distance?   :-\  We'll have to commiserate.

sarahz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 04:53:09 PM »
I'm not going to northwestern but i am attending loyola and came back a few weeks ago from a massive apt search so if you want to know about any apartments downtown/lincoln park let me know and i'll try to help :)

skotval

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 01:10:36 AM »
Riya - I just solidified my plans for Europe.  We are going on a Contiki tour (18-25 yr olds) to Italy, France, Monaco, and Spain.  I don't think we stop in Venice though.  I'm really excited!  I definitely emptied out my bank account for this trip, but I figure that it will be my last chance to do something like this for a long time....  I am waiting to see if I'm going to have to do the long distance thing this fall.  My boyfriend is planning on going to med school so he might be in med school in the Caribbean this fall, or he may do a masters in biomedical sciences at Midwestern University in Downer's Grove (about 1/2 an hour from Chicago.)  We might be in the same boat next year.  What is your situation?

Sarah - I am so unfamiliar with Chicago that I don't really even know if that is the same area as Northwestern.  Do you have any idea?  Did you decide where you are going to live while you were down there?

Jodie - Hi!  I just thought it would be rude to address everyone individually and not include you  8)

jodie51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 04:40:04 PM »
Yeah I mean hello! I started this thread. Ha ha. I am about to go to Chicago and get a place in the next couple of weeks. I will check out McClurg, 420 Ohio and any others? Sarah do you have any suggestions on downtown living? I will be in LA until July 11 then san fran for two weeks, then TX to also drop extraneous stuff, and then I'll be in Chicago by August 5th at the latest. I'm aiming for the first. Adios for now.

asriyal

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 06:15:11 PM »
Wow, I haven't checked this board in a while... 

Sarah, Jodie - Hope the apartment hunts work out!!

You guys have to come visit me - I'm moving in around August 15th with two current NU law students in Lakeview (north of the school) - it's a huge place (even has an office and backyard!) and apparently they've hosted some pretty big beginning of year party for the last two years, and probably will again this year.  I'll keep you guys posted on that  ;D  I'm so glad I don't have to stress about living now!

Sabrina - It's ironic, because he lives in MN now, closer to Chicago, but he's moving to TX for at least the next few years.  Geography hates us. I'm definitely budgeting a good cell phone plan and plane tickets.  Blargh.