Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: List LRs you remeber  (Read 4707 times)

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: List LRs you remeber
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »
and for the kids who had 3rd-party help but who's grades didn't improve relative to the other students, i said "didn't compare to themselves" (ie, performance before/after)

WoeIsMe

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »
yes, i picked the dogs also.. something to do with quality of life and dying earlier.

lsattaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2005, 05:28:10 PM »
what about the fossil/isotope question, i went with "isotopes unreliable in fossils" so can't compare to present-day mammals

for the other question about dinosaurs, went with "different climatic regions"

I had both those answers.

duderbrain

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2005, 05:31:25 PM »
Blue cars one:

I believe it was a help resolveX

Answer: something about more people driving blue cars.

Other people driving cars helps the reasoning.

Questions states blue cars typically in more accidents, yet blue car drivers are more often safer drivers.

The one about more drivers was the only one that didn't help.

If other people are more prone to drive their cars, this def. helps to explain the paradox

The survey one: tough q, I guessed it was doesn't consider peak hour drivers but I think this was wrong.

Catherine the great, I picked the last response: something about being an enemu/not trusting or something.  

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2005, 05:32:54 PM »
there was also a question about 2 compounds (phenophlobin and something else) and their impact on heart disease or something... all i remember is there was one answer that stated that item a wasn't there, but i didn't eliminate it because item 2 was left unaddressed

lsattaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2005, 05:43:34 PM »
Blue cars one:

I believe it was a help resolveX

Answer: something about more people driving blue cars.

Other people driving cars helps the reasoning.

Questions states blue cars typically in more accidents, yet blue car drivers are more often safer drivers.

The one about more drivers was the only one that didn't help.

If other people are more prone to drive their cars, this def. helps to explain the paradox

The survey one: tough q, I guessed it was doesn't consider peak hour drivers but I think this was wrong.

Catherine the great, I picked the last response: something about being an enemu/not trusting or something.  

You refreshed my memory and I got the same answer.

momofthree

• Sr. Citizen
  • my sweetie in action
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2005, 05:45:04 PM »
argument specified major highways in conclusion.

i'm pretty sure it was peak hours.
You want me to go all the way up there, to a Yankee school, just so I can come over every weekend and practice "free love" with you?

lsattaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2005, 05:46:33 PM »
and for the kids who had 3rd-party help but who's grades didn't improve relative to the other students, i said "didn't compare to themselves" (ie, performance before/after)

I got that one too. I don't remember the wording but it was like they didn't consider there may have been something difference about the group BEFORE the tutoring program. And I thought, ok, perhap the students who sought help had bad grades before tutoring and it brough them up to the level of the rest after the program.

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2005, 05:47:19 PM »
me too

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2005, 05:48:43 PM »
there was also one about heart disease (again?) and fat in north americans versus the french... i chose french smoked cigarettes