Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: List LRs you remeber  (Read 4669 times)

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: List LRs you remeber
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2005, 05:04:01 PM »
yeah, that was the 30% dangerous driving thing... i went with "random sampling didn't account for peak hours".

lsattaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2005, 05:04:41 PM »
Heres another...something about a survey on the highway/major road?????  One of the choice that I almost picked said something like "not taken into account the safe drivers on the side streets".  Can't remember what I picked, but it had something to do with peak hours or something...Educated guess....Anyone?

Yep. I picked the peak hours answer.

Daywalker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2005, 05:04:59 PM »

parallel question?/principle question where one of the answer choices is about dogs and they get run over?

This one was about people who opted not to have surgery for a major illness had a better quality of life but a increased earlier deathrate.

And I think it  was a principle. And I think it squared with an answer about dogs are happy if you let them run free, but they are likely to get hit buy cars and die.

You know...I was hung on the dog response and then picked the cow one for some reason...can't think of which would be right.  Both seemed ok to me.

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2005, 05:08:19 PM »
i went with dogs running, but i now wonder about the cows answer... did the cows have an element of dying anyway that would parallel the ill aspect of the heart disease people... because the dogs lacked that element

Daywalker

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2005, 05:09:35 PM »
i went with dogs running, but i now wonder about the cows answer... did the cows have an element of dying anyway that would parallel the ill aspect of the heart disease people... because the dogs lacked that element

The cow one went something like, they gave the cow some medicine to help it produce better...and then the sh#$t died.

WoeIsMe

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2005, 05:11:07 PM »
ok... remember now, i also picked the random sampling didn't account for peak hours.

i remember not on main roads was out of scope.  also, i recall having problems interpretting the stimulus.. something to the effect that blue car drivers had higher rate of accidents than other colors.  the problem i had was i didn't know if this was comparing the blue to each of the other colors individually or in combination.  the reason for this is it would affect one of the answer choices.  but again, i made an assumption and got the same choice as Geddon

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2005, 05:12:31 PM »
what about the fossil/isotope question, i went with "isotopes unreliable in fossils" so can't compare to present-day mammals

for the other question about dinosaurs, went with "different climatic regions"

WoeIsMe

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2005, 05:16:22 PM »
what about the fossil/isotope question, i went with "isotopes unreliable in fossils" so can't compare to present-day mammals

for the other question about dinosaurs, went with "different climatic regions"

that's what i picked for the isotope / fossil

yes, the mammals and dinosaurs, i also picked them being in different climatic regions

Daywalker

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2005, 05:17:18 PM »

The cow one went something like, they gave the cow some medicine to help it produce better...and then the sh#$t died.
[/quote

Got the same answers with the Dinosaurs.  CAN I hear what some of you got on this parallel reasoning question about the heart disease - C&E ???

Question

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2005, 05:23:10 PM »
i went with dogs running outside because they're happier, but they risk dying as a function of that happiness... but, in retrospect, i don't know if the dogs equated with the dying patients