Law School Discussion

GW Waitlist

GW Waitlist
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »
Just got waitlisted at George Washington. Only a big deal if I decide I want to be in DC over Boston I guess. Judging from LSN 2003-2004, the waitlist seems like a glorified rejection at GW...is this about right? Should I even bother sending anything else?

Re: GW Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 10:21:29 PM »
Waitlisted at GW too, and I have heard conflicting things about past WL experience there. Last year seemed like a bad year, but years prior have seen others admitted, I believe.

lem283

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 05:05:38 PM »
I am waitlisted there too. Good luck!

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 05:43:42 PM »
I also got a waitlist....approximately one month after I got an acceptance from Georgetown.  So much for the cross-town love!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 08:20:11 AM »
Screw'em right? Considering you got into GTown and UVA--both better than GW, right?--that's kind of messed up--doesn't bode well for the rest of us....

I also got a waitlist....approximately one month after I got an acceptance from Georgetown.  So much for the cross-town love!

vegannramember

• going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 08:24:38 AM »

Yeah, I agree that it's a little off...futuremiamilawyer or whatever his name is was WLed, thought, due to his numbers, he should've been admitted, then called and talked to someone who then removed him from the WL.

But if you already have GULC and UVA, I'm guessing you don't care about GW.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 08:33:47 AM »
Well I was hoping I'd get an offer from GW with some money.  So far no money at GULC or UVA.  I work really close to GW so I could not move and even take the same bus into the city every day which would be nice.  I guess maybe it's a yield protect thing?  I'm not sure, they have the earliest "please tell us by" date so maybe they really just over admitted and are waiting to see who accepts.  Honestly GW has great programs for what I'm interested in, the one thing that gave me pause about it was the problems my friends who went to GW Law had getting jobs.  NONE of them ended up working where they thought they would be and at least two of them didn't have jobs until after they took the bar.  If I'm going into debt, I better be damn sure I can get a job that allows me to pay it off or a school that forgives loans if I can't.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 08:44:19 AM »
Well I was hoping I'd get an offer from GW with some money.  So far no money at GULC or UVA.  I work really close to GW so I could not move and even take the same bus into the city every day which would be nice.  I guess maybe it's a yield protect thing?  I'm not sure, they have the earliest "please tell us by" date so maybe they really just over admitted and are waiting to see who accepts.  Honestly GW has great programs for what I'm interested in, the one thing that gave me pause about it was the problems my friends who went to GW Law had getting jobs.  NONE of them ended up working where they thought they would be and at least two of them didn't have jobs until after they took the bar.  If I'm going into debt, I better be damn sure I can get a job that allows me to pay it off or a school that forgives loans if I can't.
You're damn right about jobs and debt...And, I'd say this, it would be a blow for G-Town girl to head across town to GW, now wouldn't it?....

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 09:23:04 AM »
nah, all of my friends that went to GW law are Georgetown alums  :)  We're really not all pretentious, trust fund babies with horrible attitudes I promise  :-*