;

Author Topic: UNC  (Read 848 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
UNC
« on: February 11, 2005, 04:26:02 PM »
In mail today.  Small envelope.  My index was 231 and according to LSN others with that index were accepted, and people with higher indexes were rejected.  Who knows what they are looking for  :'(

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UNC
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:35:45 PM »
sorry to hear that.  are you a NC resident?  Do you mind sharing your numbers?
Going to William & Mary!

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 04:58:45 PM »
I have been a resident of NC since 1999.  I didn't do that great on the LSAT, but I have a 3.62 UGPA.  What I don't get is why they are accepting people with UGPAs less that 3.0 but I couldn't get any love  :'(

kterrious

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 05:02:21 PM »
sorry to hear that man...when did you apply and when did you go complete???

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 05:04:29 PM »
sorry to hear that man...when did you apply and when did you go complete???

Actually I'm a girl  ;)  My app was sent end of Oct and went complete 12/10.

iadups

• 2.99 / 163; 5 years WE; fin. analyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 05:20:11 PM »
WfPck,

I am really sorry to hear about that. I suspect that I will be joining you soon...

I was wondering what essays (or questions) you chose to address in your application - and I'm curious as to what your background is?

What's your next choice after UNC?
Denied: GWU, BC, Wake Forest, Northwestern, GULC, Emory, USC, Michigan, BU, W&L, UF, Tulane
Accepted: Miami, So. Car., Richmond, Catholic
Attending: UNC

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 05:28:10 PM »
WfPck,

I am really sorry to hear about that. I suspect that I will be joining you soon...

I was wondering what essays (or questions) you chose to address in your application - and I'm curious as to what your background is?

What's your next choice after UNC?

For the essays I wrote the required one and then the one about why I felt prepared for the time, ethical and stress demands of law school.

My background is in Biology and Chemistry.  I am getting my PhD at NCSU in Crop Science and Biotechnology.  I want to do IP law.  I don't know if I really want to go to any of the other schools I applied to.  We really needed the in-state tuition.  I don't want to go to a lesser school (reputation wise) and have to pay more.  So I may try to get a post-doc and then apply again later at UNC. 

Thanks for being so nice

BIG H2001

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 05:35:14 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I didn't think there was a required essay?  Just that you had to write on 2 topics.

James Neutron

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 11:56:49 PM »
sorry to hear about that.  though of all the acceptances so far, everyone has at least a 248 index, aside from one person with a 231 who is both URM and has military experience