Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Time Do We Need To Show Up?  (Read 661 times)

CamJansen

• View Profile
What Time Do We Need To Show Up?
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:21:29 PM »
What time do we need to show up tomorrow for the LSATs?
The ticket says something about 8:30am and then something about an extra 30 mins? 8:00 am?
Thanks...

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
Re: What Time Do We Need To Show Up?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:24:49 PM »
I plan on getting there at 7:30. I think that's enough time to allow for traffic, etc (well for me, since the site is fairly close), enough time to get settled, do some review in the car and such, but not so much time that you've gotten up early for no reason and sit around making yourself nervous.

A.J

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »
There is no reason to be more than 10 minutes early unless you like getting trapped in the wave hysteria and cant-shut the @#!* up-ity that goes on.

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »
There is no reason to be more than 10 minutes early unless you like getting trapped in the wave hysteria and cant-shut the @#!* up-ity that goes on.

Seriously?

A.J

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:34:36 PM »
Yeah, in fact it would be a really good idea to have someone drive you so that you dont have to worry about ANYTHING (like the added stress of driving, parking etc).  I am having my sister drop me off right in front of the testing center.  Its going to take about 2 hours just to go through the all the pre-test crap so why tack on extra time if you dont have to?  And yes, people DO NOT understand the concept of STFU.

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 02:46:57 PM »
Yeah, in fact it would be a really good idea to have someone drive you so that you dont have to worry about ANYTHING (like the added stress of driving, parking etc).  I am having my sister drop me off right in front of the testing center.  Its going to take about 2 hours just to go through the all the pre-test crap so why tack on extra time if you dont have to?  And yes, people DO NOT understand the concept of STFU.

Hm, thanks. Yeah I definitely plan on avoiding people as much as possible with strategic use of my iPod. I'm taking the test at a place where I've taken a test before, so I don't think it should be too much of a problem driving there and find parking.

Wait, have you done this before?

twarga

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 02:47:47 PM »
I had to be there by 8, so I got there around 7:40 and stared at the walls for 20 minutes.  Good times!   ;)

A.J

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »
Hm, thanks. Yeah I definitely plan on avoiding people as much as possible with strategic use of my iPod. I'm taking the test at a place where I've taken a test before, so I don't think it should be too much of a problem driving there and find parking.

Wait, have you done this before?

I'm retaking, yes.  I had a bad experience in Dec. taking a heavy classload to graduate early, heading into finals week, all nighters, big papers etc etc.  I got a good score but not one that I could be satisfied with.

bradzwest

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 02:52:45 PM »
I got a ride it is a good idea...no traffic/parking etc.  Early is good if they make any testing changes.  For example...I took the test at CAL and the room assignments were changed last minute, if I hadn't been an undergrad there it would have been a pain.  Test was delayed while proctors chased down last minute arrivals who were wandering around lost.

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 05:56:12 PM »
Yeah, in fact it would be a really good idea to have someone drive you so that you dont have to worry about ANYTHING (like the added stress of driving, parking etc).  I am having my sister drop me off right in front of the testing center.  Its going to take about 2 hours just to go through the all the pre-test darn so why tack on extra time if you dont have to?  And yes, people DO NOT understand the concept of STFU.

2 f-ing hours????????????????  r u serious?