Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need your advice please- just post your thoughts  (Read 309 times)

for-sure

• View Profile
I need your advice please- just post your thoughts
« on: February 11, 2005, 11:35:34 AM »
Here is my situation
*before you read: summer school is broken down into 2 semesters: April-May and June-Aug.

I need to take both summer school and write the LSAT this summer.  I was thinking that perhaps if I write the June 6th LSAT that I could take summer schoool second semester (giving me plenty of time to study for the LSAT).  This, however, would mean that I wouldn't be able to go to my native counry this summer.
However, if I take the September LSAt and 1st term summer-school I can go to my country in June. I would love to write the June LSAT because I would get it over-with early and summer seems low on stress.  If I write the September, and have to re-wrtie, I would have to re-write in December (a work-heavy time).  If I write the June and rewrite, I could rewrite in September.
I haven't seen my family in over 4 years- I miss them and my country greatly.  My grandparents are also aging.
Any advice would be great! :) 
Oct. 2005 LSAT: 149 :(

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I need your advice please- just post your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 12:31:42 PM »
Normally, I like the June test becasue it's in the afternoon and the timing is better in case you have to retake as you noted.  In this case however, I would go with the Sept test.  Family should come first - so you won't look back years from now and say 'gee, wish I had spent that summer with my aging grandparents instead of studying for the LSAT'  Law school will still be there when you get back.

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 12:37:03 PM »
I agree.  Take the September one and spend some time with your grandparents, especially if they are aging.  You may regret it if you dont. (My grandmother because seriously ill this past week and I regret not spending more time with her).  Law school studying can wait.

Molly Peters

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:56:30 PM »
Another vote for September and time with the grandparents.  Are you planning on studying alone or taking a course?  If alone, then you can bring materials with you for your time at home and get a head start.

Just my .02  ;D

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 03:03:13 PM »
Yup, definitely September. Chances are you're not going to have to retake it anyway, and as people have already pointed out, your family is much more important. I seriously doubt you'd regret spending time with your family more than studying. Plus, you can start some light study now and maybe even during your trip, just getting yourself into that mindset early.

for-sure

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 06:11:09 PM »
Thanks everyone! Your responses are greatly appreciated! :).
I just looked at the school's timetable and realized that I had my dates mixed up  :P . It turns out that the LSAT is June 6th and Summer school starts in early July.  This means that I can write the LSAT...go to my country...and come back in time for summer school! boy does that change a lot.

Oct. 2005 LSAT: 149 :(