Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lewis and Clark visit  (Read 2318 times)

Burhop

• Sr. Citizen
  • Editor girl @ Northwestern University
    • View Profile
    • I Edit Stuff.
Lewis and Clark visit
« on: February 11, 2005, 03:04:06 AM »
well...I'm headed down to Lewis and Clark tomorrow morning, to check the campus out and sit in on some classes...should be good times. This will be my first Law School visit. Are there any basic do's and dont's? I just found out I'll be meeting an admissions officer, and I'm mildly worried that I could do something foolish and be perma-banned from what is currently my number one school.

any horror stories? Anything that I can say that will make them think "what a freakin' genius this girl is!" Please do share (esp. for the latter).

Best,

Dani
Lit Journal Editor, Grants Administrator, Poet, Girl about town
www.northwestessay.com

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis and Clark visit
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 09:00:06 AM »
sorry, nothing to contribute other than I'd love to hear how it goes and wish you luck!

I'm going to apply there for 2006... ;)
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Burhop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • I Edit Stuff.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 03:10:45 PM »
Hey!

Well, hopefully we'll both be here then! I'm sitting in their library now...just talked to admissions, and they were swell. Everything here is so hands-on and student oriented, I have to say I'm completely charmed.

And, these have to be some of the happiest law students I've ever seen.

I like your tagline--reminds me of a photo I saw on Lenny Bruce once.

Best,

Dani
www.northwestessay.com

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 03:11:45 PM »
yay for L&C!  ;)

Burhop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • I Edit Stuff.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 03:14:11 PM »
Hey Franz!

You've applied to a number of schools I'm considering...what's your take on Boston College? Are you looking at Environmental Law?

-Dani
www.northwestessay.com

foxnewssucks

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 03:18:12 PM »
i am looking at environmental law, although i am still leaning towards such boring things as Tax and Bankruptcy.  ;)  BC is a great school but i decided to withdraw from there after i received some acceptances from schools i am more interested in.  i am really looking at L&C because of the city, campus, and just general vibe.  doesn't seem like the friendliest and happiest place to study law?

Hey Franz!

You've applied to a number of schools I'm considering...what's your take on Boston College? Are you looking at Environmental Law?

-Dani

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 03:19:27 PM »
I love to hear that! I'm glad you are having a good experience there.  I'm just not in love with the idea of leaving the east coast but it is too soon to even get that far :)

I'm looking into Env law and specifically their involvement with animal rights law.

god i hate that damn spider over the the left!

DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

DC Duck

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 03:19:54 PM »
Dani:

Some advice.  I met with an admissions person there.  She told me that they (the admissions people) really like it and are more prone to help out those who are really interested in going to their school.  If it's your number one, let em know it.

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 04:56:40 PM »
I love to hear that! I'm glad you are having a good experience there.  I'm just not in love with the idea of leaving the east coast but it is too soon to even get that far :)

I'm looking into Env law and specifically their involvement with animal rights law.

god i hate that damn spider over the the left!

Yeah, the spider over the hand thing is a little, ahhh, how can i say....unruly or extremely distracting.  but yeah, L&C is BEAUTIFUL.  have you ever visited?  once at L&C, you're not going to want to leave, i can assure you that.  a lot of people who say, "i can't leave the east coast"...are totally in love with the area and don't want to ever leave.  i lived on the east coast (miami, fl) most of my life and then i discovered the west.  i don't want to leave.  i've never lived in an area where at least 90% of the people that i run into are from the area.  when i lived back east, everyone was from somewhere else.  there are a lot of east coast transplants here in the PNW.  just don't tell anyone you're from back east.... ;) at least not in washington state...other washingtonians will know exactly what i'm talking about...

the residents (people in the PNW) want people to think that the weather is horrible...they don't want to share the beauty with more people. if you have any interest in environmental law--lewis & clark is the school.  the courses, the faculty, and mostly the student and faculty interaction is world class.  i honestly can't see myself anywhere else, and i praise the school because i strongly believe that it's a first-rate LS. 

my avatar (i think it's called--the picture with my name) is a picture of me at mt. rainer (mountain in washington, about 2 hrs. north of portland). newsflash:  most of the pacific northwest is this beautiful. well, the school is on the perimeter of a stunning park.  it's a place where you'll probably find a lot of vegetarian, smart, interesting people. it's surprisingly wonderful. i highly recommend people visiting if they are torn between schools.  it'll be an easy choice after the trip.

not to sound like a tour guide or a travel agent, wanting to make a sell...GO VISIT!!!! you won't be sorry you did.

perversely,

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 05:38:53 PM »
oh, and TWO more thingS to add:  i can attend any school i want to (RIGHT!!!)  & i've choosen Lewis & Clark!!!!!

also, if you're interest in animal rights law, they're pretty big in that area of law as well.

may be i'm like tarzan's wife or something  or what's that guy's name on the sci fi channel...DAR.  yeah, Dar's wife.  i love animals.  for that reason, i don't eat them.

actually, you know...now that i think about it, i think Dar is gay.  oh that's a good thread to start!!!!