Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham or BC!?  (Read 496 times)

lanen

• View Profile
Fordham or BC!?
« on: February 10, 2005, 05:48:07 PM »
I have heard from almost all of the  schools I applied to and have narrowed it down to BC or Fordham.  They certainly both have their perks and I did attend BC Undergrad....Any suggestions or advice to make my decision a bit easier would be appreciated.

Still waiting to hear from Georgetown and BU
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham or BC!?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 06:34:51 PM »
Between BC and Fordham, I would say its completely about location. If you want to work in Boston, choose BC; NYC, choose Fordham. If you are accepted into Georgetown, the decision is very obvious (GULC), but BU...well they will just make it more interesting because it really doesn't change the question that much. I suppose it also depends on what kind of law you want to go into, although I'm not sure if either of them have a particular streak that out shines the other.

In my own personal opinion, and I've been accepted to both, I would go to BC. It seems to carry a bit more prestige and it has a really good reputation for having a friendly environment. $$ might come into play to if you aren't heavily leaning towards one or the other.

HTH
Andrew

Goin Down South

• Sr. Citizen
  • ..where chilren wear no clothes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 07:23:54 PM »
After going to BC undergrad, would you even consider BU if you were accepted?

dr_draino

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 07:27:26 PM »
Actually, I'd highly recomend a change of pace.  I spent an extra semester at my undergrad. as a grad. student and hated it...new I wanted to transfer after the 2nd day of classes.

NYKnicks

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 07:36:45 PM »
I have a similar problem, except replacing your BC with BU. Just think about where you'd like to end up, and that should answer your question. I'm probably going to still end up picking Fordham. I'm still going to go visit BU and give it a chance though...while trying to be impartial about the ugliness of the building.

Goin Down South

• Sr. Citizen
  • ..where chilren wear no clothes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 09:03:52 PM »
Actually, I'd highly recomend a change of pace.  I spent an extra semester at my undergrad. as a grad. student and hated it...new I wanted to transfer after the 2nd day of classes.

It just seems at little treasonous for a BC grad to attend BU. 
But I guess thats just the pride I still feel for my undergraduate institution.  I wish I was a bit smarter so I could go to BC law.

lanen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 06:59:09 PM »
A change of environment might be a good idea; however, nationally, which school holds more weight in terms of reputation, alum etc..
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU