Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Opinions on Depaul  (Read 1334 times)

jamieb131

• View Profile
Opinions on Depaul
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:27:20 PM »
I have a friend who goes to American, and she is running into the problem of competing with both GW and Georgetown students for summer internships. Since she's at the lowest-ranked law school in the DC area, it is causing her to question the merits of going there.

My question is, does anyone know if this same type of thing is likely to happen at Depaul in Chicago? Competing with both Northwestern and UChicago students... has that caused anyone any problems? does anyone know the reputation of depaul among chicago firms? you can post of email me off board at jamieb131@yahoo.com.

ilsox7

Re: Opinions on Depaul
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 03:32:35 PM »
NU and UC students can go anywhere in the country.  The thing about DePaul is you also have to compete with 2 other superior schools: Kent and Loyola.  Basically, DePaul is 5th in the pecking order in Chicago.  That doesn't mean you can't get a good job coming out of DePaul, just that you probably have to be top 10% or so to really have a good chance, depending of course on what you plan to do.

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Depaul
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 08:03:20 PM »
The Chicago legal machine is ginormous, there is room for all chicago LS grads (besides JMLS) to find a good job, provided you work hard for it!
Hello Wisconsin!