Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SO with bad breath... help  (Read 441 times)

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
SO with bad breath... help
« on: February 10, 2005, 01:49:25 AM »
Okay, so I asked this one rhetorically a couple of months ago, but now it's for real.  Just started dating a girl and couldn't even bear to kiss her tonight b/c her breath reeked (sp).  I tried to slip her my gum but she thought that was gross.  That makes zero sense to me, by the way.  If you're kissing someone, why is borrowing their gum weird but having bad breath is okay?  Any suggestions as to what I can do?  I can't necessarily just break out a new piece of gum for her every time I want to kiss her.

iknowvito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Please help me (and youself) get a free iPod!!!
Re: SO with bad breath... help
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 01:51:50 AM »
sounds like she needs a good tongue scraping.
Pass it on - free iPods right here: 
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14024616

twarga

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 01:56:19 AM »
You can be honest without being cruel.  Tell her she has "puppy breath" when she closes in for the kill.  If she doesn't take the hint (isn't focused on pleasing you), dump her.  If she's not careful with hygeine now in the early stage of your relationship, imagine what she'll smell like 6 months from now.   :P  12 years later, hubby and I still brush for love!   :-*

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 02:07:54 AM »
I'm surprised she didn't get the hint when you tried to slip her the gum. Are you sure she has bad breath everytime, or could it have been something she ate?

iknowvito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Please help me (and youself) get a free iPod!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 02:13:19 AM »
I like twarga's "puppy breath" idea.  If that doesn't work though, try replacing the word puppy with dragon.  She'll get the point.
Pass it on - free iPods right here: 
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14024616

twarga

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 02:16:56 AM »
I'm surprised she didn't get the hint when you tried to slip her the gum. Are you sure she has bad breath everytime, or could it have been something she ate?

We all have our odiferous moments, but it's how she reacts to gentle nudges toward freshness that will determine if she's a keeper.  The culprit could have been an onion in her lunch salad, who knows?  Time will tell.

Hubby told me about a girl he dated (very briefly) who only showered twice a week and was a little funky.  He let me know that he liked clean women and that this was a big turn-off.  Maybe if you slip it into conversation (over a garlicky dinner, perhaps) that you dated a girl with bad breath once and that was a major turn off (you did, it was HER   ;D ), and that breath is a biggie for you.  If she doesn't freshen up after that, she's hopeless.

vitaminwater

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 02:22:55 AM »
this is a tough one. it should be in the test. hhahahahaah.
it is such a turn off kissing someone with bad breath. how could you want to kiss her again? i dont care how cute a guy is...if he has booty breath? fuggetaboutit.
but if you are forgiving, just tell her the truth but in a cute way.
like you could kiss her and say, im sorry , i had garlic today. and see what she says.

kristay

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 02:24:42 AM »
vitamin water, is that mr. winkle in your avatar?

vitaminwater

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »
i am in love with mr. winkle!

kristay

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 02:37:11 AM »
I thought I recognized that tongue!  He is so adorable!  I'll admit to having his books...