Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of S?  (Read 796 times)

Payne

• View Profile
    • Email
U of S?
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:24:15 PM »
Hi, just want to know what people in LSD Canada thought of U of S? Rants and Raves, thanks.

Payne

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: U of S?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 08:12:05 PM »
I guess no one know of U of S, it is in Saskatchewan, maybe know one has heard of it ::)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 11:12:19 AM »
No, sir, I don't like it.  I have had nothing but trouble dealing with them.  I emailed them and called them up asking if they would accept a full Summer course load from a trimester school (UW).  They said, no, they won't take it, and in the email they even alluded to the fact that they won't take it because students in Summer take less of a course load, and because usually it's different part-time faculty teaching (READ: easier).  Yeah, one problem UofS: it's a fuking trimester school!!!  Everyone else who I contacted about Summer courses knew the difference and were glad to take my full Summer loads.  It's questionable, also, whether it makes much sense going there anymore now that the tuition is jacked up and on par with the rest of schools.
No longer here.

pale_blue_sun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 11:54:26 PM »
No, sir, I don't like it.  I have had nothing but trouble dealing with them.  I emailed them and called them up asking if they would accept a full Summer course load from a trimester school (UW).  They said, no, they won't take it, and in the email they even alluded to the fact that they won't take it because students in Summer take less of a course load, and because usually it's different part-time faculty teaching (READ: easier).  Yeah, one problem UofS: it's a fuking trimester school!!!  Everyone else who I contacted about Summer courses knew the difference and were glad to take my full Summer loads.  It's questionable, also, whether it makes much sense going there anymore now that the tuition is jacked up and on par with the rest of schools.

caecilius, I totally hear you about UofS!  I've hard such a hard time dealing with them too.  My campus is trimestered, so they should take my summer session into account, but they will not do that.  Also, what irritates me the most is that they do not have a clear outline of how they convert grades from letter grades to percentages to grade point averages!  Everytime I speak to them, I get a different answer.  It's really frustrating!