Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: biggest US news movers this year  (Read 5429 times)

reghs

biggest US news movers this year
« on: December 06, 2001, 07:10:54 AM »
It might be kind of early to start talking about this.  But what schools do you all think are going to be the biggest movers in the US News rankings this year.  Do you think any of the schools have done anything to try to rank higher?  It seems like the top schools don't really move around, but lower in the list there is quite a bit of mobility from year to year.

George Costanza

Re: biggest US news movers this year
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2001, 04:19:38 PM »
I think Illinois due their placement of 2 SCOTUS clerks will have a chance of moving up. WUSTL might also move up due to their aggressive recruiting of better students and faculty.

law_watcher

When do the new rankings come out?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2002, 04:53:21 AM »
When do the new US News rankings come out anyway?

anon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 04:15:46 PM »
The new rankings come out in March - I think.

luke

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2002, 05:30:26 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any resources that contain archives of past rankings.  NYU in particular talks very strongly about how they are a 'fast-rising star' among law schools.  Out of curiosity, I would like to see their rankings over the past 7-10 yrs.  

Karen

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2002, 09:44:30 AM »
But where would NYU move to?  It's already ranked so high - and it's never going to beat out Yale, Harvard, or Stanford.  It seems just to be competing with Columbia and maybe Chicago.

It takes a long long time for reputations to change, and US News is not going to have a significant effect (though they might report an already occuring ranking move).