Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC Preferred Waitlist  (Read 1225 times)

alnashar

• View Profile
Re: BC Preferred Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 01:39:34 AM »
I got this letter today, as well. Anyone know how many are generally on BC's WL, both priority and regular?

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 01:52:40 AM »
I don't know anything about the statistics of admission but how does any school assure a certain size class without using their wait list.
I would think they must know for instance in previous years we admitted 100 candidates with stats of 165-168 and 3.5- 3.9 and 40 of them accepted so they must assume the same rates for this cycle? And then if this number is off and say only 30 accept they must go to the waitlist for those other 10 they were expecting. However it could just as easily go the other way where 60/100 accept and they are over extended. It seems like a very unexact science.
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

ilsox7

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 01:56:50 AM »
Was everyone here complete some time in January?  I went complete 1/19 and then again on the 24th (not sure how I was complete twice).  I am fully expecting a ding...assuming the mail is taking an extra day or two to get to me.

kterrious

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 07:40:31 AM »
Dude,
  Did you write an LSAT addedndum explaining your score discrepancy?  In any event, the website says that they use the avg (161 for you) for reporting purposes, which is all they care about b/c that's what helps the ranking.  If you were a clean 166 they would have taken you easily, no problem.  Don't you wish you had cancelled that first score ?  I got the same kind of thing going on, and it makes me curse the heavens every day for not cancelling that first one when I knew I should....

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 10:03:57 AM »
Big Red -

Would you really want to go to BC over Cornell anyways?

BigRed

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 10:18:42 AM »
Big Red -

Would you really want to go to BC over Cornell anyways?

Well, as everything stands right now... Probably not. But who knows what could change between now and August. It's good to keep your options open. That's not really my point, though. Since they throw their "priority" waitlist around, I was just wondering if there was a regular waitlist.

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 10:37:33 PM »
I got my Priority Waitlist letter today... which is pretty surprising considering my 162 LSAT and my 3.57 LSDAS GPA.   That's about a 25% chance of admit on Chiashu... and I'm a white guy!    ;)

Behold the power of a rockin' personal statement, I guess.

Attending: Wisconsin

ilsox7

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 10:42:54 PM »
I got my Priority Waitlist letter today... which is pretty surprising considering my 162 LSAT and my 3.57 LSDAS GPA.   That's about a 25% chance of admit on Chiashu... and I'm a white guy!    ;)

Behold the power of a rockin' personal statement, I guess.

Nice!  When were you complete?

NeverForever

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2005, 11:22:29 PM »
I went complete in early November I think, but I applied EA and was deferred... so I have no idea when I'll hear a decision.

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2005, 01:03:21 AM »
Nice!  When were you complete?

No clue.  I applied Mid-Octoberish... if that helps.
Attending: Wisconsin