Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC Preferred Waitlist  (Read 1260 times)

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
BC Preferred Waitlist
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:39:06 PM »
My roommate called me up today while I was on campus and told me I got a thick letter from BC and that it was probably an acceptance because it wasn't a standard thin one sheet letter. He got me all excited I told him to open it for me and he started reading about a "Preferred Waitlist". My favorite line from the materials they sent is "some people liken the wait list to flying standby on an airline".

Is anyone on BC's "regular" waitlist, can anyone verify if there really is a distinction?

Anyone sharing time with me on the preferred list? Anyone know anything more about this list?

It's depressing to read that they probably will not go to this waitlist until June 1st, 2005 or later. BC was one of my top choices. :(
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

ilsox7

Re: BC Preferred Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 10:05:45 PM »
Can't help ya out much here as I am expecting my ding some time this week or next, but I think it's common practice for school's to not touch the WL til June or July.  That's why a lot of people drop off of them, so if you stay and give it a go, it very well may work out.  Especially with the profile of the people we see BC accepting on LSN, they may need that WL.  Good Luck!

NeverForever

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 11:23:28 PM »
166/3.64?!? Wow. That's very selective...

BC is my first choice, but my numbers aren't that good.

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 11:24:43 PM »
166/3.64?!? Wow. That's very selective...

BC is my first choice, but my numbers aren't that good.

Dude, take a look at LSN...lots of high numbers being rejected from BC.  So either LSN is nowhere close to being representative of what BC is doing this year, or their WL is gonna be exhausted in June.

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 11:29:13 PM »
I bet my split played a role, they didn't look at my app as 166/3.64 they saw 161/3.64. What a difference a couple of points makes.
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

NeverForever

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 11:30:02 PM »
Just looked at the site... it seems I'm lucky to be deferred. Well, maybe this bodes well for waitlisters. BC must know what they're doing though.

Oh and ps, I'm a girl.  :D

NeverForever

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 11:31:16 PM »
I bet my split played a role, they didn't look at my app as 166/3.64 they saw 161/3.64. What a difference a couple of points makes.

I'd say that this priority waitlist might not be as bad as you think. But I do understand the let down when you don't get stright up accepted.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 11:45:17 PM »
wtf is it with bc and weird sayings? standbye on a flight????  the really weird rejection letters???  Are they actually trying to be funny??????

BigRed

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 12:16:19 AM »
I also got my "priority waitlist" letter today. It sounds very similar to CULC, where I know there is a non-priority waitlist (because I'm on it). It was funny how GTown actually made it a big deal that I wasn't on the priority waitlist. Anyway, I would also like to know for sure that there is such a "regular" waitlist at BC. Anybody know??

ilsox7

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 01:08:25 AM »
Oh and ps, I'm a girl.

I call everyone dude.   ;D