Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seattle U "Decision mailed 2/7/05"  (Read 781 times)

edalb007

• View Profile
Seattle U "Decision mailed 2/7/05"
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:36:52 PM »
According to their online application status page, it seems SU has mailed my decision this past Monday. Anyone else get SU decisions this week or are expecting one? I'm extremely stressed out about it, as it is my #1 "feasible" choice. My LSAT is above average there (163) but my GPA is way below, 2.68 (2.55 LSAC, I included an addendum). Anyone care to speculate on what that decision will be? Also, is it possible to ask the school to consider me for part-time admission if I'm not accepted for full-time, or is that something they recommend automatically, or is that a "wait til next year" kind of thing?

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle U "Decision mailed 2/7/05"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »
Honestly, I don't see it happening because of the LSAT, based on LSN, your index number is low on what they have been admitting so far. But hopefully, you will get in, esp if something sets you apart from your numbers

edalb007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 12:40:50 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed that. Luckily my index is above everyone they've rejected/waitlisted so far too...so I seem to be right on the line of admit/reject which is never a good sign I guess. Hopefully something caught their eye in my application... =/

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 09:03:12 AM »
I'm expecting to get my letter today.  I'm hoping that it'll be an acceptance, just because I'd hate to get another rejection letter - I know I'll be getting 3 more for sure so if this is an acceptance it'll lower my rejection/acceptance ratio - but Seattle U is not my number one choice. 
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

edalb007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 11:33:21 AM »
Yeah I'll definitely be getting a few more rejects...but I guess I had to take the chance at a lot of schools. I was hoping Seattle would be one I actually could get into... but it's looking more and more like I'd only be accepted there if I applied part-time. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised today when I receive my letter...  ???

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 12:06:33 PM »
If you have a good reason for having a low GPA, they may overlook it, and you have a decent LSAT score.  Don't give up hope. :)
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

joe_schmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 02:16:28 PM »
Mine was sent on the same date as well, nothing in the mail yet. But I got an email from career services at Seattle U. Did you get the email too? I'm thinking they stop sending stuff like that once you are rejected. Hope I'm in.

edalb007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 03:48:48 PM »
I got wait-listed. Better than I expected. Time to show them how interested I truly am.

joe_schmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 04:41:39 PM »
Congrats, better than a no.
What state are you in? Hope I get mine today.

edalb007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 05:33:21 PM »
Michigan. Hope you get accepted too =)