Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??  (Read 2666 times)

dconrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »
It's possible that they have not yet done anything more than go through their presumptive admit and deny piles, and they are taking a bit more time to review the maybes.  I talked to a certain higer-up at UVA, and she urged me to apply, even though I have an extreme split.  I had my app in on 11/17 and I haven't seen a change in my status yet.  I'd prefer to be optomistic than pessimistic about it, and since I've already gotten into one of my first choices, I'm cool either way. 

But seeing as some people have gotten dinged already, I doubt that they have some long-term holding strategy on their decisions.

qj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 02:11:43 PM »
It's possible that they have not yet done anything more than go through their presumptive admit and deny piles, and they are taking a bit more time to review the maybes.  I talked to a certain higer-up at UVA, and she urged me to apply, even though I have an extreme split.  I had my app in on 11/17 and I haven't seen a change in my status yet.  I'd prefer to be optomistic than pessimistic about it, and since I've already gotten into one of my first choices, I'm cool either way. 

But seeing as some people have gotten dinged already, I doubt that they have some long-term holding strategy on their decisions.

Conrad, did you apply EA?  What kind of split - high GPA/low LSAT or vice versa?

dconrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 02:37:30 PM »
My split is 170/2.14.  I hadn't even thought about applying to UVA but the person I talked to was very adamant, she said she was in almost the same boat and that my work experience should help (and I trust she has some input into the process).

As far as early decision, both of my advisors thought it was a bad idea.  The reasoning is that unless you are a presumptive admit and are POSITIVE you want to go to a certain school, ED isn't worth the effort.  If you are a presumptive deny, there is a very slim chance they might accept you if they are running out of apps, whereas with an ED they will probably send a rejection early.  If you are a maybe, like most people, then they will likely defer or waitlist you, and you'll be waiting a while anyway.  So I just went through the normal process. 

space wrangler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 10:28:01 PM »
It's possible that they have not yet done anything more than go through their presumptive admit and deny piles, and they are taking a bit more time to review the maybes. I talked to a certain higer-up at UVA, and she urged me to apply, even though I have an extreme split. I had my app in on 11/17 and I haven't seen a change in my status yet. I'd prefer to be optomistic than pessimistic about it, and since I've already gotten into one of my first choices, I'm cool either way.

I too have had my application complete since early December and I haven't heard ANYTHING.  My outlook shifts like a pendulum between optimistic and pessimistic depending on what posts I read.  I'm inclined to think that no news is good news... 

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 11:36:45 AM »
I got my rejection in the mail Sat. It was my major reach school so no surprise there. Sux though b/c it is the first response I have had AT ALL. Oh well.
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"