Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??  (Read 2682 times)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 06:02:39 PM »
I dont'like to assume I got in anywhere until I see it in writing...it's just so nerve wracking knowing that there's something in the mail but I haven't gotten it yet!  I don't think it would be strange for UVA to reject me, they are a top 10 school, they can be as selective as they feel like.  I will be sad however  :-\

kterrious

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 07:10:34 PM »
Hey,
  did you get an e-mail from UVA when they updated your status from "not yet" to decision? This info could potentially save me many trips to the onlne status check.......Thanks......

DumbMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 07:18:46 PM »
I'm having the same feeling about being denied since a lot of people with our complete date have been called.  :'(
I was expecting a ding though so I'm not surprised. Maybe they're taking longer to review our apps because our personal statements and extra curriculars are so fascinating, ha.

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 07:58:10 PM »
[redacted]
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

2004-2012, Thou

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 04:09:04 AM »
[redacted]

2004-2012, Thou

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 10:21:12 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about the ding, I still haven't gotten anything in the mail or any phone calls!  I did not get an email notifying me that my status had changed.  I received one of these when I first got my user name and password, but otherwise haven't received another one.  I just checked it two days ago and there it was under "decision mailed."  I find their status checker easier than some of the other schools, you can make your own password and my username made sense.  Georgetown's was just a bunch of jibberish numbers and letters....

qj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 11:05:12 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about the ding, I still haven't gotten anything in the mail or any phone calls!  I did not get an email notifying me that my status had changed.  I received one of these when I first got my user name and password, but otherwise haven't received another one. 

I had a similar experience with the early admit process - received emails when my file was updated to complete but nothing when the deferral was sent.  In the first email update, they said I would receive emails whenever my status changed but that did not happen.  So, as I said earlier, I doubt there will be an email when a decision is mailed and my status check has said decision since December.  So, I will just get a letter one day and have a heart attack.

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »
[redacted]

2004-2012, Thou

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 11:28:28 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about the ding, I still haven't gotten anything in the mail or any phone calls!  I did not get an email notifying me that my status had changed.  I received one of these when I first got my user name and password, but otherwise haven't received another one. 

I had a similar experience with the early admit process - received emails when my file was updated to complete but nothing when the deferral was sent.  In the first email update, they said I would receive emails whenever my status changed but that did not happen.  So, as I said earlier, I doubt there will be an email when a decision is mailed and my status check has said decision since December.  So, I will just get a letter one day and have a heart attack.

I never got an email saying my status changed to decision.  In fact, I got the phone call before my status changed to decision, which is weird.
UVa it is!

kterrious

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »
What's the strategy at UVA behind not sending out their Regular decision rejections until April? what, do they want to make it look like they're really thinking about your app? Like: "oh, you were so close,but at the last minute we happened to get a bunch of MFers with 178s and letters of rec from Madeline Albright...sorry."
     I mean, clearly, they've already accepted everyone they're going to accept who was complete on 1/26...I can tell that based on the LSN dates...so why not tell people the news so they can just move on with their process?   What's the use in holding onto the rejction letter for the extra two months rather than just sending it right now?  Puhhh-lease.  Maybe it's so people have less time to draft their letters to the admissions committee telling them they've made a terrible mistake by rejecting them (I've seen a few of these people on here).  who knows, I just wish they'd get it over with...

KT, 164, 3.71