Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??  (Read 2654 times)

kterrious

Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??
« on: February 09, 2005, 04:05:20 PM »
In the past 2 days UVA has been caaling there admits and several were complete on/after my completion date (1/26) Since I've yet to get a call, I assume I'm rejected.  I notcied on LSN, howver, they haven't sent our any rejections yet for reg decisions.  Anyone know why? In a way I'd like to think: "well, they just haven't looked at my app yet since I haven't gotten rejected," but I kind of know this isn't true. Anyone know when the rejections start rolling in???

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
Re: Any UVA regular decision rejections yet??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 07:19:45 PM »
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

2004-2012, Thou

RobinHood

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 10:27:05 AM »
These are good questions...I'd be pretty interested as well. It seems that the UVA site is relatively solid about updating your file and what have you?...Has anyone been dinged RD?
Ready or not...
Here I Come: Tulane (w/$$)/SMU (w/$$)/American/Georgetown
Still Hiding: GW/Vandy
Can't Find: UVA/UT
Go Home:AU/GMU

qj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 12:40:07 PM »
I have been complete since 11/3 and still have no decision.  I was deferred early but they never changed the status check after sending out the deferral decision so my page has said "A decision was mailed" since early December.  So, kterrious, if you are stressing about things after being complete for 2 weeks imagine the thoughts going through my head. 

brothernads

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 12:46:38 PM »
I emailed UVA right after I was deferred and asked if the online status would be reset or how I'd be notified when a decision came down.

Their response : Thank you for yesterday's e-mail asking how you will know when your second decision letter is sent.

We have yet to finalize our modifications to the system, but at a minimum you will receive an e-mail that will alert you to another decision letter on its way.

I've been complete since 10/19, but I count the deferral as an actual "decision". I just wonder if they'll *ever* get back to the deferred apps.

mm3953a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 03:42:38 PM »
my decision was made two days ago and I have already received the rejection letter.

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

2004-2012, Thou

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 04:42:49 PM »
Booo....I guess this is what I have to look forward to when I go home, eh?  No call for me and I live close enough to have gotten anything mailed yesterday today.....so the theory that this round of decisions was all admits goes out the window...

norm012001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
I don't know Pigtails, I can't imagine why you would not be accepted, your numbers seem strong for them.

Me, on the other hand, I have no idea why they deferred me, I would be a Cinderella story I guess.  I seems that they deferred a ton of applicants, I actually consider myself already rejected from UVa.  My only remaining hopefuly is Georgetown Part-time.

3.19/165, 6yrs work experience, EE Master's

Accepted: GWU, GMU, American
Waitlist: Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, UVa
Withdrawn: UNC (withdrew in mid March, tired of waiting)

qj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 05:13:15 PM »
I emailed UVA right after I was deferred and asked if the online status would be reset or how I'd be notified when a decision came down.

Their response : Thank you for yesterday's e-mail asking how you will know when your second decision letter is sent.

We have yet to finalize our modifications to the system, but at a minimum you will receive an e-mail that will alert you to another decision letter on its way.

I've been complete since 10/19, but I count the deferral as an actual "decision". I just wonder if they'll *ever* get back to the deferred apps.

Nads, I am apprehensive about this too.  I did not get an email when they sent out the deferral so I doubt I will receive one when the decision comes.   I called about the status check and they told me that my status check would be further updated when a decision is made.  Pigtails, with your stats in-state you have to be an admit.  I think you have good news waiting for you.