Law School Discussion

What HYS Applicant is *NOT* on LSN?

BigTex

Re: What HYS Applicant is *NOT* on LSN?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 11:30:01 AM »
I am not on LSN. Didn't think it was worth my time.

I'm guessing this sentiment is more common than i thought among HYS applicants, average or not.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 11:48:58 AM »
While you don't know about HYS applicants, we do know there are a finite number of people with LSATs above 175. Someone could probably do the math and come up with the number of missing high LSAT scorers.

We have many more on LSN this cycle than in the past.

BigTex

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 12:15:56 PM »
It's just that sometimes you sound like a guy named Sheldon from New Hampshire instead of Big Tex from Texas.  I get the "please pass the Grey Poupon" vibe sometimes.   :D

someone took Colonel Sanders, my juela chata, and "bubba" the white guy down the street w/ pork & beans sauce all over his face - put them all in a blender and came up w/ BigTex.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 01:10:32 PM »
While you don't know about HYS applicants, we do know there are a finite number of people with LSATs above 175. Someone could probably do the math and come up with the number of missing high LSAT scorers.

We have many more on LSN this cycle than in the past.

This would be interesting, but you couldn't easily deal with the fact that some people on LSN might be lying or creating shill accounts.

WOMBAT

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2005, 03:25:13 PM »
I would think that the majority of us "average" applicants probably are not as neurotic (as a whole).

This is what sets me apart from the rest of you...

I am below average and totally neurotic!

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »
"Elitest" was made in reference to your assumption that "average" applicants don't apply to HYS.

OK guys.  Stating the obvious fact that those applying to HYS usually have qualifications that exceed those of the average is in no way elitist, just as saying that Yale is a "better" law school than an average 2nd or 3rd tier is not an elitist statement.  Some applicants, just as some schools, are simply more qualified than others.

I apologize if you are offended by this or if I hurt your feelings.

Tex is right on.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2005, 03:39:51 PM »
wombat, i am with you

gentoo

• Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2005, 03:40:49 PM »
wombat, i am with you

Count me in as well.

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2005, 03:43:58 PM »
plenty of people have no interest in lsn. they take the test, do the apps, and do their own thing. a girl i work with has a 178/3.95 and she stays off all the sites. i tried telling her about them once and she was like "nah, no thanks. might stress me out."

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2005, 04:18:16 PM »
Well, I'm a HYS applicant, and I'm not on LSN.  Why?  I guess it just seemed like too much effort to put in the application dates and update things whenever I heard a response.  I'm kinda lazy.