Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!  (Read 124035 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!
« Reply #2340 on: May 28, 2005, 01:16:24 PM »
Hey everyone!  I know there are still pendings out there(as well as waitlists)... I know if I dont hear from GGU TODAY, I won't hear TILL June(Monday is a holiday and my mailperon only delivers JUNK(and like 2 pieces at that) the day after a holiday-- I don't even think he goes to the post office...LOL....

Mostly I wanted to wish everyone a nice 3 day holiday and to say thanks for all the love and support....

For those oh so few of us still on pending island  in June...

maybe we better send out an SOS smoke signal....
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 28, 2005, 05:28:28 PM »
Hey everyone! I got mail!! 

I've been accepted for the Golden Gate p/t 2005 program!!!

I am going to law school!!! (if the financial aid numbers work out....)They are supposed to send me my f.a. ppwk in 2-3 weeks.... and then I'll have to see if I can get loans or what....

But for now.... I will enjoy my 7th wedding anniv present(my anniv is on Monday).....

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, good thoughts, and friendship!

I am a computer doofus(why I found this site so late.... please tell me how/where the new list is going to be) I'd love to join you all!!!!

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #2342 on: May 28, 2005, 05:53:37 PM »
I told you you would get in!
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 28, 2005, 06:20:08 PM »
Hey pluto that's great news!! I feel like a part of me got in  :)

I know there are still a few of you guys still out there in at NOWHERE, hang in there.

tegra8

« Reply #2344 on: May 28, 2005, 06:33:27 PM »
congrats!

so anyone else out there still pending/not in anywhere they want to go besdies me? 

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2345 on: May 28, 2005, 07:15:31 PM »
Hey everyone! I got mail!! 

I've been accepted for the Golden Gate p/t 2005 program!!!

I am going to law school!!! (if the financial aid numbers work out....)They are supposed to send me my f.a. ppwk in 2-3 weeks.... and then I'll have to see if I can get loans or what....

But for now.... I will enjoy my 7th wedding anniv present(my anniv is on Monday).....

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, good thoughts, and friendship!

I am a computer doofus(why I found this site so late.... please tell me how/where the new list is going to be) I'd love to join you all!!!!

Way to go, pluto!  Woohoo!

As for the site, if you look on the left of this screen, there is a link to student/graduates.  I believe that is where someone said we should go (among other places...)  When it gets set up, someone should put the link on this site.  Oh, and you have to register on that site, just like you did this one.  Don't be a dufus like me, I tried about five or six times to log in as yankykitten before it dawned on me, hey, maybe I have to register again.  Yeah, I'm gonna be in the top of my class in law school! lol  :D
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

borntofly021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2346 on: May 28, 2005, 07:17:57 PM »
congrats!

so anyone else out there still pending/not in anywhere they want to go besdies me? 
Yup, I'm still pending at several schools!
Crank up the band, play the steel guitar.
Hank it up a little, let's rock this bar.
Threw back a shot; yelled: "I'm a George Strait junkie.
"Ah-ooh-hoo, play somethin' country."

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 28, 2005, 07:25:11 PM »
Thanks everyone!

My story,

I graduated from Berkeley in the Fall of 1995 and was accepted and attended Santa Clara University Law School on partial scholarship for the next year and a 1/2. I became pregnant and my then fiancee(now husband) had to make some diff decision. He had 1 year left for his masters in engineering(comp) at Santa Clara and we couldn't afford a baby(plus we didn't want to put our baby in day care) and 2 of us going to grad school. I had to pull out of law school half way through (on scholarship) and put my dreams on hold in the spring of 1998. My husband finished, got his degree, and then the dot com went bust two years later. Luckily my hubby found another comp job(less pay).  We had to relocate and I worked retail sales (almost 7 years now) part time in the evenings to help support my family.

Four kids and seven years later, it is my turn to go back and have my  dream. I'll still be able to be a stay at home mommy for the next four years(Berkeley is 5, Savannah is 4, Travis is 2 and, my baby, Dakota is 10 months now). Studying and raising them will be hard but not as hard as giving up on my dream.  Since I have two years under my belt(but I am starting again as a 1L) I should have a little lead room(I dont re the cases but I do re how to brief, outline etc).... so I think it will be busy but doable(assuming I can get the loans to cover tuition)....

I hope they will learn from their mommy (1) that family comes first and (2) it is never too late to  make your dreams a reality, you just have to believe in yourself....

I can't go full time obv (lol) so I applied to my local p/t programs.... and third/fourth tier rankings make no diff to me. My dream is to graduate and to find a non big law job where I can make a diff, earn a decent salary, and help to buy my husband the best 12th anniv present... a house.

I know how much all of you want to be lawyers and I know you have what it takes. Don't give up even if the road is rough.... or even(as in my case) you have to get off the road, out of the car, and walk back home first. You will make it, I know you will!

robocop1840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2348 on: May 28, 2005, 08:38:10 PM »
Pluto.....

Awsome congarts....

I also have 4 kids and I am the stay-home/go to school daddy........

OM OK Ok    who next to bring good news....

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2349 on: May 28, 2005, 09:21:19 PM »
Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that worked out for you. Everyone else, keep hanging in there. The chalupas haven't gotten cold yet!