Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!  (Read 125864 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!
« Reply #2330 on: May 26, 2005, 04:04:52 PM »
I am sure waitlist at Case isn't what you were hoping for... but congrats anyway.... hopefully a spot will open up soon!

As for me, no mail today... come on Golden Gate, come on, come on, come on....
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2331 on: May 26, 2005, 04:24:19 PM »
I got put on the waitlist at Case... I'm happy that the cycle wasn't a complete rejection-fest, but you know, not too happy as you can imagine.

Now I have to decide whether to try to take out a private loan--can you even do that if you are not 'accepted' I wonder?

I'm also curious how late they take people off the waitlist.

I don't think you can. Private loans have to be certified by the school, and they won't certify you unless you're enrolled. You're officially one of theirs when you send them a deposit.

robocop1840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2332 on: May 26, 2005, 06:24:38 PM »
Sorry Werbz,

I was pulling for ya.....

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 26, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
It's okay robocop... Still not sure what I'm going to do. Try for FSU next year after another LSAT or pay a lot more to go to Stetson in the Spring. Maybe I'll ask if I can go to Stetson in the spring and summer then transfer to FSU. Doubtful but worth a shot, eh?

robocop1840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2334 on: May 27, 2005, 12:01:08 PM »
LAne,

I love your new Pic. as a small child I was forced to listen to TJ music since I think my dad was his biggest male fan. I even had to sit through his concert when I was 13.

ohh My my my Delila.....

PS I love what you told that &rick in the Ave thread....

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2335 on: May 27, 2005, 12:03:04 PM »
LAne,

I love your new Pic. as a small child I was forced to listen to TJ music since I think my dad was his biggest male fan. I even had to sit through his concert when I was 13.

ohh My my my Delila.....

PS I love what you told that &rick in the Ave thread....

Well, as Tom would say, it's not unusual to be loved by anyone.

I don't know what that means, but I'm jealous that you've actually seen him in concert...did women throw panties at him when you were there?

Wales produces such great musicians.

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 27, 2005, 02:35:08 PM »
Matthies,

I think I speak for us all when I say thanks for the pep talk. Your story is amazing. I admire what a strong person you must be for overcoming so many obstacles to get to where you are. I think we all know that we are more than the sum of our LSAT + GPA, but it's good to hear it once in a while, and you prove it.

Somewhat good news on my front... FSU takes transfer students in summer, fall, and spring (for the most part only the fall but it's possible to get your app considered for another semester) This means I will (most likely) be able to go to Stetson in the Spring and transfer to FSU either the following Fall or Spring. Of course, this is assuming my class rank and such is competitive enough to do so. They accept 20-25 transfers a semester (so long as space is available). 

The more I think about it the more of a plan this is. I just need to kick a$$ my first couple semesters.

Whenever you guys start a new thread just PM me and I'll head over there as soon as I can ;)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 27, 2005, 03:41:04 PM »
Matthies,

Thank you for sharing your story.... it has touched my heart... as well as inspired me to keep going...

Everyone/anyone,

news??  I have no mail (5/27) from Golden Gate...   ::)
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2338 on: May 27, 2005, 04:00:42 PM »
So...I applied in later April...I had a very difficult application packet due to attendance at a CBA school that was horrible and I withdrew...hadn't heard anything since my last e-mail at the end of April...e-mailed then May 24, 2005...received my rejection letter dated May 25, 2005 the next day...I'd e-mail them, that way you can find out if they forgot about you...if you want the assistant dean of admissions e-mail let me know, I'd be more than happy to get it to you...

robocop1840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2339 on: May 27, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
Matthies,
Thank you for sharing, and good luck this fall. I think all of us who have been regular in this thread for a while have all come to repect and enjoy each others company. I know it was this thread that stopped me from going in sane through all of this.

Werbz, Im glad to hear that you have a plan, and a good one in my opinion. That thread will be forthcomming later this summer and I hope to see you there, along with the rest of the club. LAne will be there I am sure with the Bob's and Chalupa's, aand I know Yanky is bringing her kitten over as well. It will be a good thing for all of us.

Plutoeyore..hang in there.