Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!  (Read 126738 times)

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • AOL Instant Messenger - likebutta10
    • View Profile
Re: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!
« Reply #2280 on: May 20, 2005, 02:51:42 PM »
Lane-what about the wife?

boomer262

• MSN Messenger - boomer262@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - boomer262
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usdboomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2281 on: May 20, 2005, 02:53:39 PM »
Wow, it seems like everyone around here is married. So am I the only single, non-married guy who isn't really in anywhere yet??  LOL

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: May 20, 2005, 03:35:09 PM »
Wow, it seems like everyone around here is married. So am I the only single, non-married guy who isn't really in anywhere yet??  LOL

Nope, I'm right here with ya.

tegra8

« Reply #2283 on: May 20, 2005, 04:42:48 PM »
sunofabitch....  i just got an email from "law admissions" titled "law school application" and my heart about stopped.  Here I am thinking, sweet I might have been admitted somewhere or something, but no, of course not.  Ohio Northern University telling me that there are seats left and I am among a select number of students they have contacted to apply for the remaining seats.  Damn you ONU, damn you!   oh and i am not married nor do i have any intentions to in a looong time   

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #2284 on: May 20, 2005, 04:55:25 PM »
sunofabitch....  i just got an email from "law admissions" titled "law school application" and my heart about stopped.  Here I am thinking, sweet I might have been admitted somewhere or something, but no, of course not.  Ohio Northern University telling me that there are seats left and I am among a select number of students they have contacted to apply for the remaining seats.  Damn you ONU, damn you!   oh and i am not married nor do i have any intentions to in a looong time   

LOL. Just got the same one and had the same heart-stopping reaction. "Yes, Pepperdine? Oh wait. It's just ONU."

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2285 on: May 20, 2005, 04:56:57 PM »
Yeah, I had a big envelope today, which I thought was info on my law school (yeah, like widener would actually communicate) and it was an invitation to apply to New York Law School. whyiautta... >:(
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

borntofly021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2286 on: May 20, 2005, 06:35:10 PM »
I'm just a little confused here... Was the email inviting you to actually apply to ONU? Or have you applied there and are waiting on a decision? I'm just curious, because I am waiting on a decision from them. I didn't know if the stuff about the "remaining seats" means that if I didn't get that email, then I did not get in...
Crank up the band, play the steel guitar.
Hank it up a little, let's rock this bar.
Threw back a shot; yelled: "I'm a George Strait junkie.
"Ah-ooh-hoo, play somethin' country."

tegra8

« Reply #2287 on: May 20, 2005, 07:40:33 PM »
I'm just a little confused here... Was the email inviting you to actually apply to ONU? Or have you applied there and are waiting on a decision? I'm just curious, because I am waiting on a decision from them. I didn't know if the stuff about the "remaining seats" means that if I didn't get that email, then I did not get in...

inviting me to apply... never heard of them before that email

Wolfie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: May 20, 2005, 07:53:25 PM »
I just called the admissions office and asked about sending in another LOR and inquired about my waitlist status. Turns out they have more people on the waitlist than expected. The person there offered to check my status to see if I figure to receive a decision soon (to see if I'll have time to send in a LOR before a decision) and for what it's worth, was quickly told that they haven't gone through my waitlist file yet (did her tone suddenly change? I hope not). Since several people have been accepted off the waitlist, this can't be a good thing right? I was hoping to receive a word any day now. Looks like good vibes won't be coming for a while for me. But as long as it comes I guess.

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2289 on: May 20, 2005, 08:14:48 PM »
Yeah, I had a big envelope today, which I thought was info on my law school (yeah, like widener would actually communicate) and it was an invitation to apply to New York Law School. whyiautta... >:(

you gonna do it?

Probably not.  Not because I don't like NYLS, because I think it is a good school, but because if it was possible for me to go to NY, I absolutely love Hofstra, who has already accepted me. boy, that was a run on...
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."