Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!  (Read 125917 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Who's still in at NOWHERE??!!
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2005, 11:46:23 PM »
Welcome new, and as they say in Guam, adios old. Congratz on the Tulane kterrious. You know, they're known as the Harvard of the South. I'm not sure why, but it could be something to do with that hideous green they paint everything. You're going to like it there!

Just got home, checked my mail, and found a circular for the grocery store, a book club circular, and another "Have You Seen Me?" card. No news is good news, I suppose.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2005, 08:22:46 AM »
ohh have you seen me cards...every week...there is a trash bin next to our mailbox building...it is always filled with the same crap...such a waste of paper

good luck all today!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2005, 08:32:06 AM »
Ok guys, as a memeber of this club, I am really starting to worry.  :(

Most of my apps were sent in late december, complete beginning of January.

I have only heard from two schools (rejections) and I am guessing I was an auto reject.

I have a pretty big split (158/3.9).

Should I be concerned that I am not getting in anywhere?

4littlewolves

• AOL Instant Messenger - mommyauthor
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2005, 09:23:05 AM »
Well I'm really crossing my fingers that my membership only lasts a few days!  I'm going to visit Pace today - they told me when I made the appointment that I should know within a week.  Quinnipiac on the other hand - told me I was complete three weeks ago and should hear soon ~ also told me I went complete last week (I called them because they sent me an application and view book and spelled my last name wrong - and I already applied!) - so yes, I suppose I'll hear soon from them - under either name - I don't care.  UCONN and Fordham haven't bothered showing me the love and my auto-ding from Yale hasn't arrived yet (no I'm not crazy I live in NH area and thought I'd donate to the local school  ;) ) oh and for those interested ~ 3.36/156/161 and pretty nontrad.

In: Pace ($$) Quinnipiac ($$) UCONN PT
Out: Fordham, Yale
The Winner Is: UCONN PT

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2005, 09:24:13 AM »

I have only heard from two schools (rejections) and I am guessing I was an auto reject.

that depends on where you applied.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2005, 10:03:16 AM »

that depends on where you applied.

Yeah, I'd say you're safe most places in Tier 2 and below, depending. If you want Harvard, you're probably out of luck.

It'll happen.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »
Well I'm really crossing my fingers that my membership only lasts a few days!  I'm going to visit Pace today - they told me when I made the appointment that I should know within a week.  Quinnipiac on the other hand - told me I was complete three weeks ago and should hear soon ~ also told me I went complete last week (I called them because they sent me an application and view book and spelled my last name wrong - and I already applied!) - so yes, I suppose I'll hear soon from them - under either name - I don't care.  UCONN and Fordham haven't bothered showing me the love and my auto-ding from Yale hasn't arrived yet (no I'm not crazy I live in NH area and thought I'd donate to the local school  ;) ) oh and for those interested ~ 3.36/156/161 and pretty nontrad.

Welcome to the club. You like Bob's?

JoAnna

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2005, 10:06:06 AM »
It's only ten o'clock am, and I've already had three shots of Bob's. I think I have a problem - someone had better accept me soon, or I'll have to join another club; AA, that is.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

LaneSwerver

« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2005, 10:14:04 AM »
Just remember what they say in Guam, JoAnna:

"No man is an island, but Guam is."

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2005, 10:17:08 AM »
Laneswerver, I nominate you to be the official cheerleader!  You sure do know how to bring up them spirits