Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yet another what should I do question. Read if bored.  (Read 379 times)

vkschicago

• View Profile
Yet another what should I do question. Read if bored.
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:57:47 AM »
These are my stats.

158 LSAT
3.911 GPA (International business major, econ and European studies minor) HOnors student
Work 30-40hrs a week through undergrad (bartender/server and office staff)
Normal extras (nothing exceptional)
Presenter of research at Indiana Global Trade Facilitators Roundtable Conference
Personal statement concerning interest in international law that stems from a semester living in a arabic neighborhood of london.

Applied to:

Notre Dame (rejected, expected)
Boalt (rejected, also expected)
IU bloomington
IU Indianapolis
U of Florida
U of NC Chapel Hill
American
Ohio State
Washington U
Hastings
Valpo

I am considering if I am not accepted to NC, IU or American that I might retake the LSAT and apply next cycle. 

Should I take whatever acceptances I get this cycle and try to transfer if its not where I want, or just reapply next cycle?

HankieB

Re: Yet another what should I do question. Read if bored.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 10:40:15 AM »
I wouldn't recommend going to a school that you are less than thrilled about attending, in hopes of transferring up after a year.  Transferring might be difficult, and you never know where you will rank after your first year (most people expect to be at the top of their class, not everyone will be).

If you don't think you could be happy at the schools that accept you this time around, then retake the LSAT.  Your GPA is so high, if you could get your score into the 160's, I'm sure that many more doors would open for you.

Good luck, whatever your decision may be!

AubZamZam

Re: Yet another what should I do question. Read if bored.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 08:00:22 AM »
I second what HankieB said.