Law School Discussion

GULC Students

GULC Students
« on: February 08, 2005, 09:08:45 PM »
Where do most GULC students live?  I would like to stay close to campus..is there anywhere close the the law center that is nice..willing to pay $1000 - $1300 for a studio/1Bedroom.

taterstol

• Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GULC Students
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:19:11 PM »
there's a law student apartment building right on campus. a 1 person studio is between 5-6k/semester, so it's pricey. But if you're willing to pay, it's hella convenient. There's also an apartment building a block away (Mass Court) that offers luxury appartments that are suprisingly affordable (though by no means cheap). They're VERY nice. I'm living on campus for my first year. I'll move off next year now that I know the area better.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 09:24:51 PM »
I have seen mass court and also the meridian...is it walking distance ?... do you have aim...mind chatting for 5 - 10 mins about GULC?  my sn is: Edit...i see your aim sn

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 10:35:24 PM »
Do many GULC students live in the suburbs? I don't think I could stand living in a city, without huge expanses of grass and grocery store. Also, I'm bringing my husband and two cats to D.C. with me, so dorms and probably student apartments are out.

I lived in the D.C. area for a while before I was married, right after I finished college. I had an apartment in Arlington, which was pretty good. I hear Maryland is nice, too, and might be more convenient with the Metro lines that GULC is near.

taterstol

• Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 06:43:27 AM »
Do many GULC students live in the suburbs? I don't think I could stand living in a city, without huge expanses of grass and grocery store. Also, I'm bringing my husband and two cats to D.C. with me, so dorms and probably student apartments are out.

I lived in the D.C. area for a while before I was married, right after I finished college. I had an apartment in Arlington, which was pretty good. I hear Maryland is nice, too, and might be more convenient with the Metro lines that GULC is near.

It's tricky. Even though you have to transfer lines, GULC is way closer to the VA side than the MD side. I metroed to MD the other day (on the red line toward Shady Grove) and it takes FOREVER! I'd much rather take the yellow line up from Arlington to Chinatown, because if you don't feel like waiting to transfer, the walk from Chinatown isn't that bad.