• I am LSD
    • View Profile
Re: Post here if you count yourself as "Old School LSD"
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2005, 11:29:47 PM »

NYKnicks

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2005, 11:46:12 PM »
aren't you disqualified now?

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  At least they didn't take away the couple of thousand votes I gave Alcibiades.

AMB22 might notice that he's suddenly become more popular.  Besides, what did I do wrong?  Views are views.

I don't really care, just wondering how you racked up 50K.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  At least they didn't take away the couple of thousand votes I gave Alcibiades.

AMB22 might notice that he's suddenly become more popular.  Besides, what did I do wrong?  Views are views.

i'm glad someone understands that.  i got complaints when i got boosted up to #1 (took about 2000 views at the time to beat alci).

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2005, 07:57:24 AM »
I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm honestly just curious to how you got 50K in a day or two. I don't see how someone could refresh their page that many times that fast.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2005, 08:04:05 AM »
I've never posted on xoxo either...
I'm loyal to my peeps

mercutio_13

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2005, 09:11:15 AM »
Morning Old-schoolers!  Happy brigitta day!

Thou

• I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2005, 09:30:40 AM »

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2005, 09:37:04 AM »
I got the idea from THalky.  I came across a post where he mentioned the f5 key could refresh a page.  All I did was balance a deck of cards on the f5 key and went out with my wife and some friends to see A Very Long Engagement.  When I came home, I found that my brother-in-law had removed the cards so I put them back on and went to bed.  When I woke up, I had 49k views.  I hadnít intended to get so many.  Feeling guilty, I gave Alcibiades a few thousand votes before I went to work.  I didnítí give Pookie any in case there was come kind of backlash where everyone who had their views boosted had them all taken away (it wouldnít be nice for her to go through that twice).

In truth, I think the whole top 50 views thing is kind of lame.  I was just looking for a way of distracting myself while I wait for decisions to come in.  I was disappointed when no one got in my face about it.

damnit... thwarted by my own brilliance ;)

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2005, 10:28:43 AM »
Thats really clever. I agree its kind of stupid to worry about how many views one has. It just kind of bugged me that I couldn't figure out how you did it.

I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm honestly just curious to how you got 50K in a day or two. I don't see how someone could refresh their page that many times that fast.

I got the idea from THalky.  I came across a post where he mentioned the f5 key could refresh a page.  All I did was balance a deck of cards on the f5 key and went out with my wife and some friends to see A Very Long Engagement.  When I came home, I found that my brother-in-law had removed the cards so I put them back on and went to bed.  When I woke up, I had 49k views.  I hadnít intended to get so many.  Feeling guilty, I gave Alcibiades a few thousand votes before I went to work.  I didnítí give Pookie any in case there was come kind of backlash where everyone who had their views boosted had them all taken away (it wouldnít be nice for her to go through that twice).

In truth, I think the whole top 50 views thing is kind of lame.  I was just looking for a way of distracting myself while I wait for decisions to come in.  I was disappointed when no one got in my face about it.

NYKnicks

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2005, 10:30:43 AM »
nearing 5K! probably won't get there before lunch though.