Law School Discussion

Officially fed-up with Hastings...

anner

• View Profile
Officially fed-up with Hastings...
« on: February 08, 2005, 01:18:19 PM »
really.  What is their ferking PROBLEM!?   After reading a bunch of posts about how they lost files, I called a second time to make sure that the addendum i  sent in a month ago (a few days after i went complete in the beginning of Jannuary) got put into my file.  Last week they said it must be there.  Today i was told it was "at the top of the pile".  But my file is ready to review, and he said that there was no way to guarantee that it would be put into my file before they came to a decision.  Not good.

I basically went from straight A's to B's with a few A's interspersed because my brother got sick and I had to help the family out with taking care of him for the past two years.  I am scared to death that not only did I have a crappy time the last half of college because of my family situation, but that even though i worked my ass off trying to deal with both school and family, I am gonna get stuck going to Loyola.

ARGH.

It sucks being so hung up on getting into a UC school.  The only reason I want to go is because i would like to stay in Cali, and I am well aware of the prestige at Hastings.  I dont know why they  have any though.  THey seem obsessed with quantitative figures instead of qualitative, and they are unbelievably disorganized in their app process. 
its insane. 

Anyone else have the love/loathe relationship with hastings that I do?

liberty shark

• awesome.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - libertyshark
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Officially fed-up with Hastings...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 02:25:34 PM »
i too hate their inefficiency... but i'd still show them love if they showed me some.

anner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 07:06:35 PM »
you said it sister. or brother. dont really know:)

BUT YES, i agree.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 10:13:48 PM »
I was just saying in a different post that i'm tired of them taking forever.  I actually sent in my last semseter transcripts recently and after it had been received they sent me an email saying it was complete. The guy said that it was no problem to hold my account until they received the transcripts.

zakrob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 07:48:31 AM »
Yep, totally agree. Hastings is my top choice of my remaining schools so I am really waiting anxiously to hear from them. After waiting 6 weeks for them to request my lsdas report, I finally had to call them on it. So I am still complete and awaiting evaluation and I am sick of it.

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 08:03:57 AM »
Oh good, so it's not just me that they've been ignoring since October.  I'm getting antsy here.

Balve

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 10:27:50 AM »
I'm already fed up with them ... and I'm not applying till next cycle. A friend of mine goes there and tells me horror stories about the school ... Good thing I have no shot of getting in.  ;D

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 10:30:45 AM »
Share those horror stories with all of us here who are fed up with Hastings.  It might make me feel better that I still haven't heard from them.

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 10:50:52 AM »
They were actually not that bad with recieving my app, requesting my report, and changing my status to complete. It took about a month I think. Now I've been complete for 3 weeks and am waiting for a decision.

I'm on the fence about this school b/c its my #1 choice as I want to be in SF and pay UC tuition, but am worried about the negatives. For one thing its really big (1L class=400+) and therefore really competetive. The campus is not in a desirable area and its not part of a large undergrad university with all the amenities that entails.

One bonus to its location is that its right next to City Hall which I think would be useful for many internships and other opportunities of the sort.

Of course all this will be irrelevant if I get rejected.

Balve

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 10:58:04 AM »
Share those horror stories with all of us here who are fed up with Hastings.  It might make me feel better that I still haven't heard from them.

The horror stories are a result of the 400 people in your class. Imagine people wishing you to fail and going out of their way to disrupt your studying. When I study I need it quiet. Doesn't happen at Hastings. I'd rather have a more peaceful atmosphere as I don't take to confrontation too well.