Law School Discussion

Northeastern making my mind up for me

Re: Northeastern making my mind up for me
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 06:55:37 PM »
Qtip, we are twins after all - I got a Dean's Scholarship today, too!  Rowgirl, my offer was $8,500 for each year, provided I remain in good standing.  COMPLETELY unexpected.  I am so thrilled. 

The timing is so weird.  I'm actually in Pittsburgh today and tomorrow, visiting Pitt. I love it here, but how can I turn away $, and at a school I love, in a city I love.  Maybe I'll just try to find a co-op in Pittsburgh . . .

dr_draino

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 06:57:09 PM »
Congrats to everyone!  I just wish they'd decide to accept me or reject me already!!

qtip2012

• LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »
Draino,

Everyone knows you are going to be accepted.  If it weren't for you singing their praises I probably wouldn't have even applied.  I'm sure they were just trying to figure out how much money to give you and since it looks like the money is going out this week I'm sure you will find out soon!

But what do you care, you're a BC man now :).

Boston7 and I continue to have scarily similar cycles... we're like moon children... HTH

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 07:16:51 PM »
Just got home, checked my mail, and nothing.  Sad day for Rowgirl, but here's to hoping that villanova's mailroom just stinks and i'll get it tomorrow (she says with feigned confidence).  Congrats to those of you who already got scholarships, and draino, we all know you're getting in

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »
Seriously, draino, I know you have bigger fish to fry, but your deferral at NUSL is completely nuts.  The thing that gets me about it is that NUSL is doing this not only to someone overqualified, but also to the school's biggest fan.  If they only knew . . . .

dr_draino

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 07:28:15 PM »
Thanks all,

Ya know, I'm not super bitter about NE or anything.  I honestly didn't expect to hear from anywhere other than maybe Seattle and Denver by now when this all started...figured I'd be the last accept at most places after they thought about it a while.

At the same time, had I a NE acceptance in hand before I got word from BC, I'd probably still be swaying back and forth...as it stands now, not so much.  Assuming I get in before April 2, I should be at the admit day.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2005, 07:30:29 PM »
Thanks, Rowgirl.  You will get it too, don't doubt it.  Your letter is on the USPS long hauler as we type.

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 07:55:10 PM »
Yay!  It came today!  Will I be seeing any of you tomorrow at the info session?

NeverForever

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 08:03:50 PM »
I haven't recieved any offer of money. Applied late October. Decision on 12/20.  :-\

My numbers are 163/3.68.

qtip2012

• LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 08:07:33 PM »
Congrats Rowgirl.  I have to work tomorrow which sucks.  Ill be at the later open house thang though!