Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 from SMU  (Read 1987 times)

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
2 from SMU
« on: February 08, 2005, 07:36:48 AM »
I know that SMU really doesn't want me. Yesterday I got two dings from them, postmarked the same day. I mean hey, I get the message after the first letter WTF??. They must have thought that my LOW GPA was a good enough reason to send a second letter to ensure I wouldn't be showing up in the Fall.  ;D

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
Re: 2 from SMU
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:17:02 AM »
First of all, your avatar is f-ing disturbing.

Second, that is funny, in a sad kind of way. Sorry about the ding, though.
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

RobinHood

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 09:58:13 AM »
I know that SMU really doesn't want me. Yesterday I got two dings from them, postmarked the same day. I mean hey, I get the message after the first letter WTF??. They must have thought that my LOW GPA was a good enough reason to send a second letter to ensure I wouldn't be showing up in the Fall.  ;D
That really sucks...Do you have other prospects?
Ready or not...
Here I Come: Tulane (w/$$)/SMU (w/$$)/American/Georgetown
Still Hiding: GW/Vandy
Can't Find: UVA/UT
Go Home:AU/GMU

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 07:35:10 PM »
Glad you like my avitar ;D

SMU would have been nice but I'm useing the very expensive price tag to make myself feel better. Only three more answers to go.

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 09:01:14 AM »
Wow Dax, at least SMU doesnt hate me that bad......I only got the one rejection letter  ;D

Oh well.......g'luck with the rest....

P.S. Tech would obviously be your best bet anyway, they're even setting up the first Military Law Center, how f-in cool is that....... ;)

You could try sending an addendum there explaining why you'd be an excellent choice for a school catering to military folk, who knows, them forming the new Center might boost your chances somewhat.....
Texas Tech Law Class of '08

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 09:39:25 AM »
This reminds me of a something that happened to a friend of mine.  He applied to a major brokerage firm.  Two weeks later, he received two letters.  One, was a rejection.  The other congratulated him and was a job offer!  He is still working there twelve years later.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 09:41:02 AM »
You know what they say about the Methodists...

(If you do, tell me, because I don't.)

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 10:34:51 AM »
Guam Law; I lived in Guam for a couple of years. It's a nice place to visit and dive, but I wouldn't live there. 27 miles long, 7 miles wide.

Tiger,
 Do they have information about their new Military Law program on the web site? I didn't think about writing a letter to explain to them that my 9 years of military service might be of value in in the class room. Good idea.

TexasTiger14

• Sr. Citizen
  • War Eagle!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - burgamy14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 12:45:29 PM »
I havent seen anything on the website yet either, they just made the announcement a few weeks ago, but heres the article about it in the student newspaper....

http://www.universitydaily.net/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/01/24/41f42896c9423?in_archive=1

I sent Donna Williams an email asking a few general questions, and also mentioned I had heard about the new center, and she told me to try and contact either of these faculty members:

Associate Dean Rick Rosen, richard.rosen@ttu.edu or Professor Kim Phillips, kim.phillips@ttu.edu

So you might drop them a line too..... I dunno if they have any pull over the admissions council, but it couldn't hurt....
Texas Tech Law Class of '08

vegannramember

• Sr. Citizen
  • going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 12:48:04 PM »
did you apply pt and ft?