Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt...  (Read 5484 times)

geezer

• Sr. Citizen
  • More oysters than you can shake a stick at!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boalt...
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2005, 07:36:28 AM »
Well...back to the original topic- got my little A4 envelope yesterday...

I like Boalt's letter though.  The other rejections didn't have that nifty part about transfers (that's right, just keep stringing me along when there really is no hope afterall...).

Third down and six (to go).

kterrious

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2005, 02:08:03 PM »
hey gezzer,
  sorry to hear your bad news...when did you apply and when did you go complete?  I applied on 12/31, wasn't complete until 2/3 and so the agony has been delayed for me, but no doubt I'll have my rejection (3.58, 164) before it's all said and done...

amelliot

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2005, 04:55:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that, I have been complete since 11/29 and still no word from boalt (165, 3.92), the longer the wait the slimmer our chances are I think. Good luck.
Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.9/165
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2005, 05:04:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that, I have been complete since 11/29 and still no word from boalt (165, 3.92), the longer the wait the slimmer our chances are I think. Good luck.
Andrew

I am practically your numbers twin and I haven't heard yet either...Do you really think that the longer it has been the more unlikely we will get in?
Loyola Public Interest Scholar '05!

amelliot

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2005, 05:18:38 PM »
Well here is the deal looking at LSN. Last year Boalt went in cycles and it looks like they are doing it again.  Last year they rejected in jan, accepted in feb, rejected in mar and april.  This year, however, they accepted in jan, have rejected so far in feb, and it looks like there will be one more cycle of acceptances (possibly now or early march).  If we do not get in at the next cycle I think we are done, but people say boalt likes grades so let's hope we get in on the next cycle.
Andrew

geezer

• Sr. Citizen
  • More oysters than you can shake a stick at!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2005, 10:57:08 PM »
Kterrious,

Thanks, but I was expecting it.  Applied in November, went complete 12/5.  Good luck!

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2005, 11:32:05 PM »
I like Boalt's letter though.

I didn't.  A rejection letter is NOT the place to tell me "although our review process is thorough, it is also human, fallible, and in part subjective. In many cases different Committee members might well have reached different decisions."  I know this already; reminding me that I may have just been unlucky makes me feel worse. 

I'd rather be told flat out that I'm just not good enough.  My ideal rejection letter would simply be the first sentence of Boalt's: "After reviewing thoroughly your application for admission to Boalt Hall, the Admissions Committee has decided, with regret, not to offer you a place in the Class of 2008."  All the necessary info is conveyed.