Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt...  (Read 5454 times)

IrishGuyJay

Re: Boalt...
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2005, 07:41:52 PM »
Your LSAT score is way too high for Boalt.

How many times are you going to make this joke?  It wasn't even funny the first time.

R.M., sorry about your rejection ... but clearly you still have a great list of schools to choose from!

the REAL desi

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2005, 12:36:23 AM »
RM - wow is right.  But, is the wow at Boalt or at your attitude about this all?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2005, 01:46:43 AM »
Your LSAT score is way too high for Boalt.

i don't get it.  it's not like they don't like high LSATs.  they just really like high GPAs.  please explain.  i've seen this comment like 10 times today.

anyhoo, sorry regal.  sounds like yield protection, though i didn't think boalt played that game.  but you're going top 3 anyway, so it doesn't matter in the long run (or even in the short run, beyond today).

edit: didn't see the second page before.  my condolences to the other non-acceptees.  sounds like you're all in at other great schools though, so yay for that!  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Jennaye

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »

i don't get it.  it's not like they don't like high LSATs.  they just really like high GPAs.  please explain.  i've seen this comment like 10 times today.

I would guess it's sarcasm.

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2005, 02:14:14 PM »
Oh shut the hell up Jrs. I said oh my god b/c I expected to get into Berkeley. I'm obviously upset so if you have a problem with  my comments, go f*ck yourself.

FYI: The same goes for anyone else who wants to criticize my comments.

Disapointing. You are proving the arrogant comment.  I do not understand your rejection either, and I certainly understand you being upset.  I do not, however, feel comments of this nature are needed on this board, or any other.

CaressMyEgo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2005, 12:41:40 PM »
RM-

perhaps your arrogant, elitist attitude about your numbers found its way into your personal statement, letters of recommendation or other parts of your application.

boalt is like that beautiful, intelligent woman who finds enjoyment in snubbing sophisticated men because they are so desperately self-important and always drooling over her.

you got what you deserve.  enjoy harvard

Bahamut

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2005, 01:12:36 PM »
The bottom line is that *&^% happens, especially during the admissions process. At least you have some other nice schools to choose from; I congratulate you on your stellar UGPA and LSAT.

We can't win 'em all! :)
SMU Fall '05

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2005, 01:23:05 PM »
What the hell?!? Send them a copy of your other acceptance letters and write "Wish you were here" on top. You're too good for them anyway. I can't believe they made such a stupid decision.

LordofLight

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2005, 01:44:16 PM »
I agree completely. The LSAT should be used to demonstrate a general level of competence in reading comp and logical reasoning, not as a tool by law schools to strictly rank students. Is there a qualitative difference in ability between a person who scores a 165 and a person who scores a 160? Nope. How about someone who scores a 140? Probably. Once you hit a level on the LSAT that shows you can do ok in law school it should be disregarded as a factor in admissions. I'm going to write to LSAC right now and get this going  ;D.

160 is not a low LSAT score. The vase majority of lsat takers score between 145-155. Anything above those numbers is considered good in my book.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »
I can do y'all one better: I withdrew from Boalt and they didn't even acknowledge my withdrawal. I sent an email and never even got a reply.  ;)

Sounds funny, but it made me feel kinda bad.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder