Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt...  (Read 5421 times)

Regal_Muse

Boalt...
« on: February 07, 2005, 05:23:51 PM »
I got rejected you guys. I SWEAR TO GOD....All I can say is wow....No further comment.

Nalgene

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 05:25:36 PM »
Sorry. But its not like your numbers make you the GOD of law school admissions, immune to rejection. Boalt is crazy. Oh well.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 05:27:35 PM »
Never said that I was...I'm just surprised and really curious as to why I got rejected.

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »
I got rejected you guys. I SWEAR TO GOD....All I can say is wow....No further comment.

Unless you would, for some silly reason, attend Boalt over Harvard, NYU, or Columbia, don't worry about it.  Seems like Boalt is desperate to climb back in the rankings.

But I can understand your disappoint, as you would think that Boalt would have been almost a sure thing with your stats and acceptances thus far.

Good luck.

Nalgene

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »
Well, when you say I SWEAR TO GOD, you are making it seem like it is something we will not believe; so unbelievable that they could reject you. It just seemed a bit haughty, that's all.

Braden

• Sr. Citizen
  • World's biggest jerk.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »
Your LSAT score is way too high for Boalt.
3.6 (Mech Engr/Math/Econ (minor)), (167 and 179), Lots of ECs, and a guy with long blonde hair(that should make me an URM):
In:Michigan!, DUKE
Out:Yale, Harvard
Waitlist: Penn

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 05:31:18 PM »
Never said that I was...I'm just surprised and really curious as to why I got rejected.

why not call up and ask them?  

i mean they might not give you much of an answer, but if you ask them in a non-egotistical "how could you reject me tone" they might tell you that while of course a strong candidate any given area was not exactly what looking for.  i dont see what you have to lose.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 05:32:42 PM »
 Oh shut the hell up Jrs. I said oh my god b/c I expected to get into Berkeley. I'm obviously upset so if you have a problem with  my comments, go f*ck yourself.

FYI: The same goes for anyone else who wants to criticize my comments.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 05:35:02 PM »
dude f the bears.  that is totaly perplexing.  didthe letter some to your house or somewhere near campus?  i live on campus and am waiting for my reject letter anyday
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

missvelociraptor

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 05:40:44 PM »
I think this provides evidence of my fishing for acceptances in a bathtub theory.
Either that or they roll dice over peoples' applications.