Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring Schools  (Read 755 times)

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
Transferring Schools
« on: February 07, 2005, 04:59:56 PM »
I'm currently in a long distance relationship where my significant other lives in Pittsburgh, and I'm in NJ. My top 2 schools are Duquesne and West Virginia, and with my scores (3.3 at Penn State, 151 LSAC) I stand a pretty decent chance at getting into those schools. Duquesne is right in the city, and WVU is only 45 min away, but the other schools I applied to are between 3 and 6 hrs away. While she would move out with me wherever I was accepted, we both want to live permanently in Pittsburgh.
Assuming that I didn't get into either of those schools, and that she cannot get a transfer from her job right away, how easy is it to transfer after a year of school? I would probably try to transfer to Pitt. I'm planning on busting my ass and getting good grades, but would my lsat figure into that equation? Also, do most schools accept all of your first year credits? Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks

LawBoundGlory

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring Schools
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 06:56:36 PM »
Don't transfer where you're signficant other is....you might regret that.  Go wherever you get in that is the best school.  I highly advise you not to make that mistake, b/c I know too many people who made the same.

andrenna

• View Profile
Re: Transferring Schools
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:05:11 PM »
take a look at this, it might help you with your transfer questions.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transferapps/