Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gulfport Florida gets too hot in the summer anyway... (rejected at Stetson)  (Read 2075 times)

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
Re: Gulfport Florida gets too hot in the summer anyway...
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 01:14:27 AM »
lol seems like they're hit or miss in the office.

this will be the second time i send my dean's cert letter, though i have strong feeling my undergrad botched the first attempt.
post-3L

c/o2008chick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 03:21:34 PM »
sorry bout stetson...im sure ill be recieving my rejection anyyyy day now ???
Fairfield U. B.A. Sociology, American Studies
graduating this May! attending seton hall this summer for leo..and hopefully matriculating in the fall!

digitalsky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
I called Stetson a couple days ago, and despite having my app completed by early Nov, it hasn't even gone to committee yet. Did everyone apply for summer or fall 2005.

victorian14

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 06:26:45 PM »
I applied for both the summer and the fall terms.  I called Stetson yesterday and they haven't looked at my fall application either.   ???

It gives me a bit more time before I get my big fat rejection! 

andrea612

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 12:25:44 PM »
I only applied for fall term.  Digitalsky, it really makes me nervous that your file has been complete since the beginning of November and that it still has not gone before the committee.  When did you actually apply there?  I sent them my application about a month and a half ago, but they just requested my lsdas report on Jan. 31st.  I guess that I'll just have to prepare myself for a longer wait than I originally anticipated.
Attending: Capital
Accepted:  Capital, CalWestern, Stetson PT
Waitlist, Accept: McGeorge
Waitlist:  Stetson FT(withdrew)
Pending:  Dayton
Rejects:  Toledo

digitalsky

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 08:01:02 PM »
Stetson must attract a lot of applicants b/c they allow summer admissions, and allow applications to apply for FT and PT programs concurrently. However, I'm sure they lose just as many applicants or decisions to attend b/c their admissions committee starts so darn late relative to other schools.

Tony Brooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • none
    • View Profile
    • info
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 01:39:50 PM »
Agreed...Stetson needs to get their act together in terms of:
-getting their site to actually enable someone to submit an online application like it says it will..

-make earlier decisions

-actually respond to email inquiries sent to the admissions committee

-send out emails with updates

it's amazing how i am totally turned off about the school as a whole because of their admissions dept's cluelessness
"Que ve esta noviembre?"

WOMBAT

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 04:48:32 PM »
Sidenote: Univ. of Tulsa has an amazing admissions staff. They are quick and so polite. It does make a huge difference when you are thinking about where to go (at least for me, anyway).

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 10:12:31 PM »
I visited there a few weeks ago and can attest that indeed there was huge piles of apps all over the place.  However, they were all extremely nice to me.  The actual asst. admin. officer who did the q and a was really sharp.  The secretaries....well, you get what you pay for.  They had a hard time pulling my file and when they did she told me that my resume was missing.  Funny....I didn't see resume listed as required, but I sent it when I got back.  Just got my acceptance there on monday.

BTW, the campus looks much better in person than in the pics.  Of course, there was a foot of snow on the ground when I flew down from PA....lol.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"