Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gulfport Florida gets too hot in the summer anyway... (rejected at Stetson)  (Read 2026 times)

WOMBAT

Dinged at Stetson for Summer of 2005.

NOOOOO!!!!

Mother crapper!

marye24

• View Profile
Re: Gulfport Florida gets too hot in the summer anyway...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
Wombat,

sorry to hear you got dinged..and you're right - it does get too hot - and sticky.  What did the envelop look like - just plain and thin?

Sorry..don't mean to rub salt in the wound - just scared to go home and check the mail now...
The future is a slut; she promises herself to everyone.

WOMBAT

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 03:58:45 PM »
Yeah.

One page in an biege #10 envelope.
Look for the huge middle finger that pops out when you open it up.  :D

Oh man, I crack myself up.  :o

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 03:59:53 PM »
oh you are funny!!

and yes it gets WAY too hot here in the summer

their loss!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

WOMBAT

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 04:29:12 PM »
Ok, serious question:

The letter said "they had a lot of applicants" and that the class was already full (I did apply right before the summer deadline).

I also have an app in for the Fall.

Do you think they were being nice, or that their class is really full?
AKA, does the language in the letter matter? And does it change my chances for fall?

If they had said, "Monkeys randomly guess and score 148," or something like, "we threw darts at an answer sheet and scored roughly..."

andrea612

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 04:45:47 PM »
"Do you think they were being nice, or that their class is really full?"

Stetson's law school admissions council being nice?!  *cough* *cough*  Based on the experiences that I've had when I've called and emailed them, I would say that the class probably is already full.  I have yet to talk to someone at that school who has tried to be nice to me...I don't think that they're capable of it.  I haven't received anything back from Stetson yet, but even if they do accept me, I don't think that I'll want to fork over all of that money to attend attend a school that will take forever to respond to me and treat me like crap once they do.
Attending: Capital
Accepted:  Capital, CalWestern, Stetson PT
Waitlist, Accept: McGeorge
Waitlist:  Stetson FT(withdrew)
Pending:  Dayton
Rejects:  Toledo

victorian14

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 05:01:44 PM »
I was wait listed for Stetson's summer 2005 term and also wonder if and how it will affect my fall application. Maybe the admissions department will feel sorry for me and let me in?  :D
I now have a love/hate relationship with my mailbox. 

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »
in fairness to them, i just called today to ask if they had received my dean's certification letter from my undergrad school, and the lady was very nice to me.  she even went to check today's mail to make sure it hadn't come in today.
post-3L

andrea612

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 07:20:49 PM »
in fairness to them, i just called today to ask if they had received my dean's certification letter from my undergrad school, and the lady was very nice to me. she even went to check today's mail to make sure it hadn't come in today.

Really?  That's what I called them about, too.  The lady that I spoke to, however, told me that they would notify me if it didn't arrive, and hung up the phone on me.  Then, when I called them about a week ago to ask if they had received my application (I sent it to them the first week of January, and they still had not requested my lsdas report), the lady that I spoke to told me that their desks are piled high with applications and to just be patient.  She told me to call again in a couple of weeks if they still had not requested my information.  Maybe I just talked to the wrong person...
Attending: Capital
Accepted:  Capital, CalWestern, Stetson PT
Waitlist, Accept: McGeorge
Waitlist:  Stetson FT(withdrew)
Pending:  Dayton
Rejects:  Toledo

Dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 07:29:33 PM »
     They lost my dean's cert- twice. They finaly told me to faxt it to them and then gave me the wrong fax number (I found out because I called the next day to verify the number before I had my school send the fax).
     I got accepted today but won't be attending.