Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: going to boston tomorrow  (Read 399 times)

mazzy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I dont trust molecules.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - foolinevery1
    • View Profile
    • Email
going to boston tomorrow
« on: February 06, 2005, 06:53:38 PM »
whoo hoo first business trip i have ever taken.
im excited but also a little worried i may freeze to death. i have never been to that part of the country before and have lived here in california for most of my life.
any way we will be there for five days and have lots of time for fun stuffs, any recomendations??
gpa: 3.6 (recalculated) 3.96 (degree granting university)

natural selection, it's only natural

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: going to boston tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 09:26:26 PM »
Bring clothes to layer.  It's actually not that bad here the last few days.  Tomorrow will be in the 40s, which is extremely mild for this time of year.  It probably won't last though.  :)

Definitely check out Harvard Square.  Lots of shops and interesting people.

Government Center is a good place to check out as well.  Fanieul Hall has lots of shops, and there's some good places to eat around there.

We have some good museums there.  The Isabella Stuart Gardiner (I think that's the right name...It doesn't sound completely right to me right now for some reason), and the Museum of Fine Arts are worth a visit.

If it's nice out, Newbury Street is always a good walk.  Lots of little shops and boutiques.  Great window shopping and lots of personality.

And of course, the Freedom trail hits most of the great historical monuments/buildings in the city.  If you're not good with cool weather, you may not want to follow it around town.  Any decent guidebook can tell you what each attraction is, so you can pick and choose if you like.

dr_draino

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 09:28:44 PM »
mid 60's down here today...sitting at 51 right now at 9:30.  You'll love it next year jacy.

Bring clothes to layer.  It's actually not that bad here the last few days.  Tomorrow will be in the 40s, which is extremely mild for this time of year.  It probably won't last though.  :)

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 09:30:19 PM »
mid 60's down here today...sitting at 51 right now at 9:30.  You'll love it next year jacy.

Cause I can: 70's and sunny here on Sanibel.  Took an ice swim in the pool.  Ahhhh yes. (Granted I am from Chicago and will be back there in 5+ weeks...)

dr_draino

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 09:31:25 PM »
What the hell do you do anyway ilsox?

Cause I can: 70's and sunny here on Sanibel.  Took an ice swim in the pool.  Ahhhh yes. (Granted I am from Chicago and will be back there in 5+ weeks...)

ilsox7

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 09:33:42 PM »

I worked in corporate finance for 15 months, resigned for integrity reasons.  Now I am working on a book.  Working title is: When Corporate America Comes to Campus.  I also dabble in real estate, hence my time spent in Sanibel now.  Love this place!

It's also nicer to write on the patio on the patio a block or two from a nice, warm Gulf breeze.

dr_draino

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 09:36:03 PM »
Gotcha.  Nice life you've got going right now.  I'm guessing you'll be about like me when the fall gets here...thankful to be back to structured time rather than regretful of it.

I worked in corporate finance for 15 months, resigned for integrity reasons.  Now I am working on a book.  Working title is: When Corporate America Comes to Campus.  I also dabble in real estate, hence my time spent in Sanibel now.  Love this place!

It's also nicer to write on the patio on the patio a block or two from a nice, warm Gulf breeze.

ilsox7

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 09:37:50 PM »
Gotcha.  Nice life you've got going right now.  I'm guessing you'll be about like me when the fall gets here...thankful to be back to structured time rather than regretful of it.

Wish I had it now.  It's nice, yea, but I am one of those freaks that misses work.  I actually don't mind 16 hour days if they keep my attention, which the law will hopefully do.  I am so stoked about law school it's a little scary.  I just want to know where I am gonna end up!  Damn LSAT...

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 10:17:23 PM »
celebrate superbowl VICTORY
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 07:31:14 AM »
I can't f-ing wait.  When New England gets me depressed, I'll go check the weather for NC or Atlanta.  Probably doesn't help in terms of the depression, but it does remind me what I can look forward to!