Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. Thomas University  (Read 2362 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: St. Thomas University
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2005, 03:26:26 PM »
[quote author=lawschoolmama link=topic=23732.msg486072#msg486072 date=1114365761

As for the ignorance reference, remember when you are pointing a finger at someone, there are 4 pointing back at yourself......

I hope this is directed toward Lane and not me. 

LaneSwerver

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 03:47:06 PM »
[quote author=lawschoolmama link=topic=23732.msg486072#msg486072 date=1114365761

As for the ignorance reference, remember when you are pointing a finger at someone, there are 4 pointing back at yourself......

I hope this is directed toward Lane and not me. 

I think it was. I'm the one that called her ignorant and pointed my fin at her.

lawschoolmama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 04:40:37 PM »
You guys will make good attorneys - you never directly answer any questions and always twist it back to the other party...

All I know that at STU I will studying outside the library within wireless internet range in a lounge chair all year round.....

I don't know too many other places where you can do that in January..

LaneSwerver

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 04:43:24 PM »
All I know that at STU I will studying outside the library within wireless internet range in a lounge chair all year round.....

Those chairs didn't look that comfortable.

lawschoolmama

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 05:30:15 PM »
OOh look - there's that negativity again, and of course, no answers to the questions at hand.....

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 05:42:42 PM »
Hey Laneswerver I have a friend who is a 1L there if you would like to talk to him on like AIM or something PM me.

Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

LaneSwerver

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 09:53:18 PM »
OOh look - there's that negativity again, and of course, no answers to the questions at hand.....

I'm looking at your previous posts, and I don't actually see any questions. You didn't ask a question about the lounge chairs, but they made my fins hurt when I sat in them. I thought perhaps if you, too, have fins that information might be helpful for you.

lawschoolmama

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2005, 11:06:35 AM »
I am a mermaid - no fins, just a tail and scales. I have a custom made lounge chair with a mister to keep everything in tip top shape.

Did you make any decision about where you are going?

Whatever happened to FLoridaLaw?  He seems to have disappeared......

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2005, 11:50:40 AM »
You know, St. Thomas is making it tough.  I've been accepted, and twice they say they've mailed the acceptance to me.  The first time they sent it to an address I haven't lived at in years, and I don't know where the second one is.

I'm tempted to call them and tell them to not bother.

northbynw

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - northby_nw
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2005, 01:07:48 PM »
I don't know the full story behind this, but I do know someone that went to STU. He had pretty mediocre numbers and had been out of school for a while. He ended up failing out after his first semester because of some school policy that weeds out the lowest ranked students. I don't remember the exact percentage but it was higher than I'd expected. I was a little surprised that they didn't make the cuts after a full year of classes...one semester seems harsh. It might be a consideration for those of you who have been out of school for a while and are unsure about your study habits.
For those who feel, life is a tragedy. For those who think, life is a comedy.