Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: case--i need first hand accounts  (Read 1714 times)

grumpysmirf

• View Profile
Re: case--i need first hand accounts
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 07:00:32 PM »
The point I was trying to make was that in many cases, the faculty and the administration are on different pages.  They try to implement these new programs without everyone in the administration knowing what to do or how to handle certain aspects.  I never said they give out "false" information and I don't mean to intimate that anyone acted in a specific way against me in particular--it is how I felt they treated me in my role as a student.  It is just that a lot of confusion existed with little regard to the fact that this is the most important time in a law student's life.  The entire vibe of the school and the frustration in trying to get a straight answer is what I am so upset with--it shows little respect for the students.  But this is just my opinion, I would not recommend the law school--I know a quite a few people who would say the same.  I am sure there are those that would disagree.

Troy McClure

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 09:03:08 AM »
The point I was trying to make was that in many cases, the faculty and the administration are on different pages.  They try to implement these new programs without everyone in the administration knowing what to do or how to handle certain aspects.

Are you talking about that CaseArc program?

How have you and your classmates done in job searches over your summers and now as 3Ls?  Case has good employment stats, but how has it been for you and your classmates?

sma187

• AOL Instant Messenger - Brewsky007
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 05:55:13 AM »
My neighbor is graduating Case Law this year. She has been thoroughly unhappy there. She doesn't feel its worth the tuition at all and is overranked in her opinion. This may be one unhappy students view, so take it for what its worth. I was so taken with her statements that I didn't end up applying at all, and just applied to Cinci. Cleveland is a fun city though, no question.
167/2.93 from Northwestern BA Economics

In: Cinci($), Kentucky($$), WUStL, Tulane, Ohio State
Pending: 12
Rejected:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sma187

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 07:51:20 AM »
I met 2 recent grads in the last 2 months and they were both very happy with the experience.  They spoke highly of the program.  They both felt that they got a great education and felt challenged by the professors. 

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 12:38:38 PM »
Does anyone know what Case's reputation is like in the Midwest and nationally?

funnyfunny

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 09:03:50 PM »
I am from the Cleveland area and I can say first hand that I would not recommend going to school in Cleveland, Ohio unless you have a good reason to do so (staying close to family etc.).  There are some pretty torn-down, dangerous neighborhoods in Cleveland.  The economy and job market in the area is shot to hell.  I just wouldn't recommend it (just a personal opinion).

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 11:19:03 PM »
My family lives near Cleveland, and I know several people that went to Case and Cleveland-Marshall law. The general consensus was that Cleveland-Marshall is the better deal, as both schools have a good regional rep, but Marshall is much cheaper.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 09:57:26 AM »
My family lives near Cleveland, and I know several people that went to Case and Cleveland-Marshall law. The general consensus was that Cleveland-Marshall is the better deal, as both schools have a good regional rep, but Marshall is much cheaper.

Is the issue the cost of Case, or the schoo's reputation? Also, do you know if a Case degree competitive in Columubus, Ohio, Chicago or St. Louis?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 09:59:27 AM »
My first-hand account of case:

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 10:09:43 AM »
My first-hand account of case:

Not really what I had in mind...Looks like someone has too much free time on his hands.