Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Okay, as you wish  (Read 863 times)

TLFKARG

Okay, as you wish
« on: February 05, 2005, 04:18:37 AM »
When people have asked me how long I would stick around the site, I replied that I would stay as long as I feel I had something and people found that information useful.  I feel that the time has come for me to move on, as it seems that what I have to share is no longer relevant and/or deemed useful by members of LSD.  It seems that people are more interested in flaming about my looks, school and intelligence than talking about law school.  In light of these circumstances, I feel that my presence here is no longer appropriate.

Before I depart, I would like to clear up a few misconceptions.

1) Despite what many of you on here like to believe, my LSAT score is not indicative of a general trend in my standardized testing history.  My ACT was in the 98th percentile and I had a 4.0 high school GPA.  I chose the University of Tennessee over Vanderbilt and full rides offer to a couple Southern liberal arts colleges because I fell in love with the university.  I knew that I would feel more comfortable in the relaxed atmosphere of a big college town with academic programs that would suit my needs than in a stuffy rich-kid school where everyone suffered from an overblown ego. (I went to a very prestigious Catholic high school and had enough of that mess to last me a lifetime.)  I don't feel I took the easy way out, as my major at UT required us to maintain a 3.5 to remain in the program.  That is at a school that is not, unlike a few more highly-regarded institutions, known for rampant grade inflation.  I took the scholarship money and the opportunity to be part of the College Scholars Program.  Although I love and respect Boalt, I will always have a greater respect for UT, because I know that nothing was handed to me and that UT, in great part, enabled me to be where I am today. 

2) I have no need or desire to validate my attractiveness (or ther lack thereof) on an internet site.  What any of you think about my appearance is immaterial and will do nothing to impede or expedite my academic, intellectual, or professional growth.  You are free to have your opinion and I am free not to care about it. 

3) I have two bi-racial sisters.  My family is not racist and my parents have accepted the men I have dated, without regard to their race, ethnicity, or nationality.  My relationships are never based on a need to irritate my parents, because we have a close and loving relationship.  My parents will accepts whoever I choose to date, so long as he loves and respects me. 

4) I have many non-white friends because they are often more insightful, respectful and understanding to my cultural heritage than some of their white American counterparts.  I make no apologies for that statement. 

5) Yes, I am proud of Boalt and I am eternally greatful to the admissions committee for deeming me worthy of a law school career there.  That said, I DO NOT believe I took the spot of a more-qualified applicant.  If some of you would take your LSAT blinders off, you would see that there's much more to the admissions process and law school than prestige-whoring.  It takes more than the ability to figure out a test to be a successful law student and, later, practitioner.  Those of you who purport to be so intelligent ought to see that a one-dimensional approach to anything is inefficient and injurious. I got into Boalt because I DESERVED it and worked my ass off for it.  If you got into a better school, I congratulate you on your achievement and ask why, given that you will be attending a better school, my admission to Boalt bothers you so?  Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question, as I will not be here to read your reply.

I thank those of you who have been supportive.  Non-flamers are welcome to keep in touch.  AIM:MzPrettyGrnEyes, Yahoo: ruskiegirl.

Ok, I'm out.

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, as you wish
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:20:32 AM »
Sorry the flamers got to you Ruskie. Good luck with everything.
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

strouse

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 10:18:16 AM »
a rhetorical question for ruskie:   Why the hell do you feel the need to clarify all these things in a freaking chat room?

Everyone should move on at some point.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 03:40:12 PM »
a rhetorical question for ruskie:   Why the hell do you feel the need to clarify all these things in a freaking chat room?

Everyone should move on at some point.

I was thinking the same things.

Your good advice will be missed, Ruskie.  You've started some great threads with lots of useful advice, tips and observations about your 1L experience.

No matter how many times you say you have nothing to defend though, and the time wasted on worrying about all these attacks though, prove very much that for some reason, it matters very much what people on a message board think.  It's sad, and I hope that at some point, you'll realize that it doesn't matter how many jerks question your position at Boalt, it's all immaterial.  You are at Boalt, and happy there.  It doesn't matter.  The paragraphs after paragraphs of defensive counterattacks and accusations are a waste of everyone's time.  None if it changes the fact that you are a 1L at Boalt.  So why rise to the insults?

Also, you know your family history and yourself better than anyone here, so why bother defending your choices in dating and friendships?  Who the f*ck cares what jerks on xoxo think?

This is all highlighted by the fact that your attacks have begun to boarder on absurd. The whole BigTex issue was slightly ridiculous.  You wanted an insult to fight, so you created one.  If you had taken the time to rationally read his post, you would have realized right off the bat that he sympathized with you, and was trying to defend you.  But instead you created a huge issue.

I hope once you can get past all this, you'll come back and offer advice to those of us who appreciate it.  From your insights I know that you really are very intelligent and perceptive.  Don't let yourself get lost in all the b.s. that gets thrown around on these boards.

DowneySlayer

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 09:34:03 AM »

ruskie, before you leave, please post a picture of your penis.  downy was to drunk to remember what that thing he sucked looks like, so i'd like to help out.  Thanks!